Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bengals and the Law, Vol. 48

Chris Henry cited for driving on a suspended license.

In Maryland, you are eligible for jail time for driving on a suspended license. I wonder whether this is a violation of a probation, with the league or otherwise.

The Bengals are as amusing as a train wreck.
    Last edited by festivus; 03-28-2007 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Had to change 'Travis' to 'Chris' because of my loose screw
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Re: Bengals and the Law, Vol. 48

I saw this last night...I can't say I'm shocked but Henry must be one of the dumbest people on Earth. He's just pissing his career down the tube. :insane:

"While the incident involved a minor traffic matter, the club is frustrated that the issue arose at all. ... Chris's overall future with our team can be determined only after this and other pending matters are resolved by the NFL."

Time for the Bengals or the NFL to do something about this...he better not get off with a slap on the hand.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

That'd be Chris Henry then, festivus ;)

Thought you had a screw loose there lol.

With regards Henry, nothing surprises me with this idiot. He's got the talent to be a very good WR in the NFL, but clearly breaking the law is far to big a buzz for him.

the NFL just needs to step in and get rid of prople like him that keep breaking the law

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    That'd be Chris Henry then, festivus ;)
    eep! Brain cramp. Fixed.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Its time for the Bengals to put up or shut up.

Marvin Lewis says he wont tolerate this anymore, yet Im sure henry will remain on that team.

Come September we half the Bengals team might be in jail.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

According to profootballtalk.com, he has a meeting with Goodell next week. Henry's agent claims he will not face jail time, but he was on probation & the judge who gave him probation will not agree & make him serve the other 88 days of the 90 days sentence he received for his earlier transgressions. Also, in Kentucky, evidently it is a mandatory 3 day sentence for driving on a suspended license. Let's see if the Bengals & Lewis will walk the walk or if it all is lip service. My money is on lip service.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Just suspend him and the man next to him for the season opener.

I'm just sayin' is all...
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    Henry's agent claims he will not face jail time.
    I think his agent is talking out of his ass. Henry is definitely in trouble.

The Bengals are amazing -- what are the odds of one team having so many of its players getting into this kind of trouble? And it's been happening for over a year!

What gets under my skin is that all of these teams are wanting bailouts for players that get into this type of trouble.

It's not some great mystery that Pacman Jones and Chris Henry had substantial off-field problems. Those teams knew they were taking a bit of a chance on draft day. They interviewed the players, they should be able to see the record. I'm a bit surprised they manage to pull off this "I have no idea how this happened?!"

The question is how do you hurt the teams? You can't bang their salary cap because that can ruin a franchise by only doing what is right in getting rid of a player. Getting a contract without guaranteed money isn't something that will happen.

Fine draft picks? Remove comp picks? Take away prime-time games?

Owners might want prime time or home games, but with revenue sharing...moot point, it hurts the city business community, not the owner.

Draft picks and comp picks might be somewhere to start.

Even so, first things first, the organizations need to be very strong in setting up a framework for their players. The Ravens were one of two teams with only a single incident last year. Bisciotti has it together, I really like him as the owner in this city thus far.

Those who like to watch others suffer may be interested in this thread, though be warned, it's in the part of the forum where we as non-Bengals fans aren't supposed to post.
    Festivus

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I think his agent is talking out of his ass. Henry is definitely in trouble.

The Bengals are amazing -- what are the odds of one team having so many of its players getting into this kind of trouble? And it's been happening for over a year!
    Well, after all the years of losing & being the laughingstock of the league, it's like they made a deal with the devil. They have taken talented players with questionable personalities & they get what they get.

I agree his agent is talking out of his ass, but what else is the guy going to say, yea, he's going to jail? He & Pacman are the poster children for the NFL gone wild.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!