Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Behold, The Almighty Bicep has arrived.

Greetings, fellow football fans. You may be thinking to yourself, "WOW! I can't believe BucsNBiceps is HERE! On OUR board!"

Well, believe it. I have terrorized many a message board this season, and gained many supporters and many haters, nation-wide. I have come here to bestow a bit of true football knowledge on you lowly creatures, and should I see any talent in any of the masses of you, I may decide to take you in as some of my royal staff.

Moving on. This week, we have a great game lined up in the Bucs and Ravens. I would obviously have preferred this game to be played at Raymond James, but Baltimore is fine as well, as the Bucs hold a 4-1 mark on the road this year.

Yeah yeah, save your schtick... the Bucs haven't beaten any winning teams. The Bucs have beaten up on poor QB's. The Bucs got killed by Pitt so we should kill them too!

The Bicep is here to inform you that you're wrong.

1) We may not have beaten any winning teams, but we are improving against the good teams, as evidenced by our 6 point loss to Atlanta (in Atlanta) 3 weeks ago. If LGB takes the right hole on 4th and 1, the Bucs very well could be 8-2 right now. But, coulda woulda shoulda... whatever.

2) Let's look at the list of QBs the Ravens have played...
    Charlie Batch(Similar game, they just barely beat them)
    Ryan Fitzpatrick(a joke if you ask me, he torched their defense and that guy's massively overrated)
    Carson Palmer(similar game, they didn't give up a touchdown but that game is lost.)
    Seneca Wallace(he sucks worse than anybody else Starting wise in the league)
    Brian St. Pierre(who's worse than Clausen for a reason)
    Kyle Orton, who looks rather average against any sort of pass rush
    Chad Henne, who lost his job to Chad Pennington.

That should be the end of that argument on this board...

3) The Bucs didn't have a running game in week 3, and were playing with nearly ALL rookies or second/third year players as starters... now, we are still playing with all those youngsters, but they have gotten BETTER (see: ATL game) and now we actually have a running game. You won't walk all over us like the Steelers did.

Anyway, looking forward to schooling some of you folks in the statistical department, if you even dare. I would hope the aura of THE ALMIGHTY BICEP would keep you in check and deter you from such brave attempts.

FLEX IT

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Behold, The Almight Bicep has arrived.

HanKKK88?

Bucs fan now?

Blog Entries

Re: Behold, The Almighty Bicep has arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsNBiceps View Post
    Anyway, looking forward to schooling some of you folks in the statistical department, if you even dare. I would hope the aura of THE ALMIGHTY BICEP would keep you in check and deter you from such brave attempts.
    Here is a statistic for ya. After week 12 the Ravens will be 8-3 and the Bucs will be 7-4.

Slightly amusing.

But I believe psychologists call this projecting ones faults onto others.

5. Re: Behold, The Almighty Bicep has arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Here is a statistic for ya. After week 12 the Ravens will be 8-3 and the Bucs will be 7-4.
    That's not really considered a "statistic"... more like a "record"... or in this case, a pipe dream.

Blog Entries

That's not really considered a "statistic"... more like a "record"... or in this case, a pipe dream.
    statistic, record. 6 of one half dozen of the other. The point remains. Ravens are just to experienced for the Bucs. 31-17 Ravens roll.

Bluster
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Pipe dream? For real? :insane:
    Boh

10. Re: Behold, The Almighty Bicep has arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    statistic, record. 6 of one half dozen of the other. The point remains. Ravens are just to experienced for the Bucs. 31-17 Ravens roll.
    I really didn't want to have to be a grammar nazi this early in the game, but.......

I don't really think you can look at losing to Atlanta by six an improvement. Familiarity in the division always breeds close games.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

12. Re: Behold, The Almighty Bicep has arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    I don't really think you can look at losing to Atlanta by six an improvement. Familiarity in the division always breeds close games.
    Go check the score of the Bucs and Saints game earlier in the season...