Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Are fans down on McGahee already?

I am excited about Willis. I still liked Jamal but think he is a clear upgrade. In fact, I cant wait to get my first offensive players jersey when I pick up a #23.

I'm excited too. Jamal was good but hasn't been the same since his 2000 yd season. We needed a change and getting a good RB like Willis is a good start.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

I'm sorry, how exactly did the Ravens overpay last year? Are you referring to their trade for McNair? If you are, I have no clue what you're talking about. The Ravens gave up little for him in the way of draft and financial compensation. A fourth-round pick and $11 million guaranteed is a bargain for a quarterback who helped propel the team last year, and could help keep the Ravens in contention for at least two more seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I don't know why you're excited, FanMan. I'm not "down" on McGahee per se, but I am again disappointed in our FO for overpaying in major trades for two years in a row. Until he demonstartes otherwise, I consider McGahee to be just average RB. I am not expecting to see improvement from RB unless Mike Anderson gets more carries and/or if Musa Smith can play healthy.
    What? Huh? Overpaid? How? In draft picks? The 93rd, and the 221rst this year? And a 90th (guess) next year?. Would we get a rb of his caliber at any of those positions? Uh, No!...... Will he perform better w/ the ravens than the Bills? Better'n Jamal? Uh,.... YES!

Quote Originally Posted by HARRYOS29 View Post
    Willis... birth control...
    Momma say, They gurlz fooled him ta thinking they was takin' birth control, so they could have willis baby, 'n get his dollahs!

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Welcome aboard, Harry!
    I'm excited for McGahee because he runs out of one back sets. I expect he'll be more productive then Jamal but more importantly you've essentially replaced Ovie Mughelli with Demetrius Williams.
    Amen to that Festivus.

I'm jazzed about it myself. I think only part of what he actually does will the the big boost the the O. Remember, using something different than the I formation and still being able to run every once in a while opens up a lot of options to the O.

I think if we add a few more play options (someone mentioned screens) etc it will improve offensive production by leaps and bounds. And it all does not need to be on Willis' shoulders. The threat of him, balanced on our young, up and coming WRs along with a QB who keeps his cool should make for a better balanced and more productive offense than we have seen in a long time (if ever).
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

I am def excited about seeing what WM can do if he stays healthy. I see him a RB that can turn the corner...where Jamal had lost that ability 2 years ago. Welcome aboard Willis....I am looking forward to seeing "what you're talkin' bout" come game day.

FM

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I expect he'll be more productive then Jamal but more importantly you've essentially replaced Ovie Mughelli with Demetrius Williams.
    This was the second-most reason I was excited about this trade. Williams is going to be on the field much much more often and I am very excited to see what he can do with more playing time as much as I am excited to see McGahee be able to catch and run outside the tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    Momma say, They gurlz fooled him ta thinking they was takin' birth control, so they could have willis baby, 'n get his dollahs!
    Agreed! He needs to learn to wrap things up.

I am extremely happy with getting McGahee. I was a huge fan of his when at Miami. He is a big upgrade over Jamal at this time in Jamal's career.

I don't think we overpaid for him. Look at the Matt Schaub trade...that's over paying!

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I don't know why you're excited, FanMan. I'm not "down" on McGahee per se, but I am again disappointed in our FO for overpaying in major trades for two years in a row. Until he demonstartes otherwise, I consider McGahee to be just average RB. I am not expecting to see improvement from RB unless Mike Anderson gets more carries and/or if Musa Smith can play healthy.
    Some things never change :grbac:

mista t, i'm confused how we overpaid?

We didn't trade away any picks for either McNair or McGahee that the FO didn't believe would be replaced with comp picks, except, perhaps, the third round pick this year (though, we did get 2 fourth round comps).

We basically traded nothing for McNair and a third round pick for McGahee (we'll have a 3rd round comp next year, book it)