Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy HELP WANTED: Please Post on Indy Star Board

I have signed on the Indy Star Colts' board as TraditionalColt, trying to appeal to the reasonability of the posters there as it relates to our efforts on coltsheritage.com. To my surprise (perhaps I'm being naive) there was a significantly more amount of push back from the posters than support. After 19 posts (I had to stop at that number) I don't think that I got very far. I ask that you sign on there and try to keep the true spirit of the site and petition alive. Do as you see fit but I would suggest that you keep in mind that you are representing Baltimore and our collective desire to restore our city's NFL Heritage.

Here's the thread: BALTIMORE COLTS

UNITAS WE STAND

Re: HELP WANTED: Please Post on Indy Star Board

Just got finished reading the replies to the post.Wow,what a bunch of ignorant hayseeds they are.

You think thats bad your should see Scouts Colt site, they are a delusional bunch for sure.

TL, I'm not inclined to go to that hornet's nest.

I'm skeptical there's anything to be gained there besides an exercise in skin-thickening.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Festivus, I hear you! THAT was a lesson learned. I was VERY surprised by the animosity considering they just won the Super Bowl.

I'm inclined to agree with Festivus. Although there are a few posters over there that seem to understand our point of view, they are clearly a minority. I don't think we're going to get anywhere with the rest of those people. They simply don't get it, and I don't think there is anything we can do about it.

I hope that didn't sound too defeatist, but I really think that's just the way it is. They don't understand and don't want to understand.

Most Indy fans dont really get football anyway.

Its not a football town, most people found out they beat NE in the paper Monday morning.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

What do you expect from a bunch of hog-sloppers?

I see the petition is over 27,000 signatures now & # 27032 is Bernie Mikasz, formerly of Baltimore & The Baltimore News American who I believe is now in St. Louis at The St. Louis Post-Dispatch. I love his comment "33rd Street still the boulevard of dreams"

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Very cool of Bernie to sign....

We will amp up our media activities on this again within a week. We want 100,000 signatures. There's no reason why we shouldn't have sigs from everyone who attends Ravens games, IMO....

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Very cool of Bernie to sign....

We will amp up our media activities on this again within a week. We want 100,000 signatures. There's no reason why we shouldn't have sigs from everyone who attends Ravens games, IMO....
    FWIW I signed. I think somewhere in the early 23,000 range. I think it is going to be hard to get to 100,000 signatures.

B-more doesn't seem to be a very computer savy town. I do not say this based on any real data, but if you watch surveys and such, the inbupt from our region falls below waht would be expected based on population. for example the click for cans campain by campbells soup. They usually only get about 20,000 clicks from the B-more fans and get 500,000 from greenbay. If you think it is just because of the greenbay fanbase well if you checked out last years results, the Bungles had over 100,000 clicks. ?

I have also noticed this on ESPNs surveys. Their surveys allow you to see how the vote is going regionally and the number of participants. Our area has been farly poor.
    Last edited by hurting; 03-30-2007 at 01:10 PM. Reason: fixed the typos I found so far
    Section 106 from start to finish!

Honestly though what purpose does an petition serve, maybe instant comfort?

The only way to act is to call the media and take trip down to Canton and the New york NFL HQ's with a bunch of Baltimore ravens/colt fans and camp out until they make it right. JMHO
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--