Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question Are fans down on McGahee already?

I spoke w/ several Ravens fans at work recently and I seem to be the only one excited about getting Willis McGahee. What is the feedback others have seen since the trade? I expected fans to be very happy about it, but that doesn't seem to be the case so far. Is it just me?

FM

Re: Are fans down on McGahee already?

I'll wait and see. I'm hearing from a worrying number of Bills fans and neutrals alike that McGahee (much like Jamal) has a worrying penchant for the tap dancing.

Talking Re: Are fans down on McGahee already?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    I spoke w/ several Ravens fans at work recently and I seem to be the only one excited about getting Willis McGahee.
    I don't know why you're excited, FanMan. I'm not "down" on McGahee per se, but I am again disappointed in our FO for overpaying in major trades for two years in a row. Until he demonstartes otherwise, I consider McGahee to be just average RB. I am not expecting to see improvement from RB unless Mike Anderson gets more carries and/or if Musa Smith can play healthy.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

How anyone can look at McGahee as anything but a BIG, Ginormous upgrade over Jamal is beyond me. Jamal was among the WORST starting rb's in football for the past 3 seasons. Willis, barring Injury will put a smile on a lot of Ravens fan's faces.

I am excited. I cant wait to see what having a back with his versitility will do for opening up the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I don't know why you're excited, FanMan. I'm not "down" on McGahee per se, but I am again disappointed in our FO for overpaying in major trades for two years in a row. Until he demonstartes otherwise, I consider McGahee to be just average RB. I am not expecting to see improvement from RB unless Mike Anderson gets more carries and/or if Musa Smith can play healthy.
    LOL.

Never happy are you Ted?

Sometimes I think you'd rather go 9-7 or 8-8 and stay way under the cap then compete for a Super Bowl.

PP

7. Re: Are fans down on McGahee already?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    I spoke w/ several Ravens fans at work recently and I seem to be the only one excited about getting Willis McGahee. What is the feedback others have seen since the trade? I expected fans to be very happy about it, but that doesn't seem to be the case so far. Is it just me?

FM
    I'm ok with Willis... I think we need to give him a chance. I think his off field excapades leave a bit to be desired. Two words for you willis...:hammer: BIRTH CONTROL. I read the piece, the interview with his mom...who said she was left in BUFFALO to clean up his mess. As a person who put 3 sons through college, I' ve cleaned up a mess or two in my day.... but 3 children to un wed Mothers....?? come on??
    but... we didn't acaquire him for his off Field Prowess...if he can catch the Rock out of the Back field...and do more than run up to the line and fall down... I'm behind Willis %100.
    sincerely
    Harry O'
    Sykesville

8. Re: Are fans down on McGahee already?

Willis... birth control...

Welcome aboard, Harry!

Harry, I don't mean to be critical, but *please* don't post in red. It makes my eyes bleed.

I'm excited for McGahee because he runs out of one back sets. I expect he'll be more productive then Jamal but more importantly you've essentially replaced Ovie Mughelli with Demetrius Williams.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

There is a very "wait and see" mindset about Willis. It is a great relief to be rid of Jamal, but Willis has some fans concerned in several areas.

I for one, am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, as are many others, but he's going to be on a short leash his first season or two here. The people in Buffalo were ecstatic too...at first.

It will be interesting to see how the situation develops.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    LOL.

Never happy are you Ted?

Sometimes I think you'd rather go 9-7 or 8-8 and stay way under the cap then compete for a Super Bowl.

PP

I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

I am very excited about Willis coming here. It will be nice to have a back with some quickness, a back that doesn't need a fullback, and a back that can catch the ball (could we see the return of the screen pass this year?)

That being said, he will be limited to how well the line performs in run blocking. We need some serious improvement from last year in this area. I would also like to see some more creativity, I am getting tired of the straight ahead zone blocking, that never seems to open any big holes at the line.

... Also, now we can hold up signs that say "What you talkin' bout, Willis" when he scores!!
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!