Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Flacco Improving?

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    Before yesterday's game, the Carolina Panthers had the 5th ranked pass defense in the league
    Which means what? That they're NOT 1-9?

That it's okay to waste numerous redzone opportunities?

Rankings mean shit this season more than ever. With all of our weapons on offense, only the Ravens should be able to stop themselves.

Thank goodness Ed and Ray prevented us from finding out if the Offense could muster more than a couple of field goals in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Rankings mean shit this season more than ever.
    Um, what?

With all of our weapons on offense, only the Ravens should be able to stop themselves.
    Um, no.

You seem to forget that other teams are playing football too.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

When we drafted Joe, if you would have told me he would end up where he is right now as quickly as he has, I would have be watering at the mouth. And many other Ravens fans would have been just as excited about that prospect. So, I am really at a loss for why its suddenly not enough anymore. Joe will get better, he has every year that he has been in the league. Its like we expect him to be Peyton Manning or Tom Brady right now. Not realizing that it took Tom Brady and Peyton Manning 10+ years to become what they are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    When we drafted Joe, if you would have told me he would end up where he is right now as quickly as he has, I would have be watering at the mouth. And many other Ravens fans would have been just as excited about that prospect. So, I am really at a loss for why its suddenly not enough anymore. Joe will get better, he has every year that he has been in the league. Its like we expect him to be Peyton Manning or Tom Brady right now. Not realizing that it took Tom Brady and Peyton Manning 10+ years to become what they are right now.
    Well this seems to be the era of the young QB, with many of them exceeding what was previously thought to be the upper limits for a young signal caller.

Joe has arguably the best supporting cast in terms of team and organization when it comes to the "new breed" (Sanchez/Ryan/Freeman/Henne/etc...), and is easily the most physically gifted cat amongst that crop, so some fans are going to have great expectations for him.

Nobody is comparing him to HOF-level QBs.

Stafford and Ryan are both more physically gifted than Flacco. Sanchez and Freeman are at least comparable.

Just cause you can throw the ball far doesn't make you more physically gifted than someone.

- C -

www.oblongspheroid.com

I never said anything about Stafford, but I agree, he's close to the total package.

I disagree with you about Ryan and the rest though. I think with his size and arm strength, Joe has the edge. He just needs to break out of his shell and manifest his destiny as Jersey Joe Flacco the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    You seem to forget that other teams are playing football too.

- C -
    Not all of them. There is a reason the Panthers are 1-9. Not because they can take the field too. They are horrible, and played a career 3rd string journeyman QB and somehow made a game of things until the near-end of the game.

Not to mention the small fact that the Ravens put the ball on the ground FOUR times.

Jersey Joe Flacco the Destroyer of Worlds.
    Why did you have to go and find the most awesome name that Flacco could ever have?

I'm happy with our QB and with the fact that he will improve. I liked that he did some visible audibles yesterday and also that he gave his best Big Ben impersonation with avoiding the sack when grabbed.

Blog Entries

Well this seems to be the era of the young QB, with many of them exceeding what was previously thought to be the upper limits for a young signal caller.

Joe has arguably the best supporting cast in terms of team and organization when it comes to the "new breed" (Sanchez/Ryan/Freeman/Henne/etc...), and is easily the most physically gifted cat amongst that crop, so some fans are going to have great expectations for him.

Nobody is comparing him to HOF-level QBs.
    I beg to differ. Ravens fans complain about Flacco like he's Kyle Boller. They want him to be perfect. Ravens fans might not come out and break down the numbers but sub consciously they do compare him to the "elite" QB's in the league. Every player is judged based on the standards set by those before them and those that are the best at their respective positions. If Ravens fans were judging him compared to guys of his "era", there wouldnt be nearly as many people ready to bench Flacco in favor of Bulger every time he does something wrong or insisting that he's regressed.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Not all of them. There is a reason the Panthers are 1-9. Not because they can take the field too. They are horrible, and played a career 3rd string journeyman QB and somehow made a game of things until the near-end of the game.
    That doesn't mean they can't play pass defense. They are certainly horrible as a whole team. They are not in any way horrible as a pass defense. If the rest of their units were as good as their pass defense they'd be playing .500 ball or better.

- C -

www.oblongspheroid.com

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I beg to differ. Ravens fans complain about Flacco like he's Kyle Boller. They want him to be perfect. Ravens fans might not come out and break down the numbers but sub consciously they do compare him to the "elite" QB's in the league. Every player is judged based on the standards set by those before them and those that are the best at their respective positions. If Ravens fans were judging him compared to guys of his "era", there wouldnt be nearly as many people ready to bench Flacco in favor of Bulger every time he does something wrong or insisting that he's regressed.
    I don't know any of those people you speak of. I personally never want to see Bulger take the field in a Ravens uniform unless we're up by 5 TDs in the 4th Qtr.

But I think Joe occassionally regresses in certain areas at times (footwork, decision making). Just because you don't like the way that sounds doesn't mean it's not a valid assessment.

Just because Flacco makes occasional mistakes doesn't mean the term "regressing" is appropriate.

- C -

www.oblongspheroid.com