Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Micheal Vick

Re: Micheal Vick

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Well, your exact quote was:
    My bad, I should have worded that better...I meant in respects to what happens to a person.

That statement should have been something like...if there was a choice between a person being hurt and an animal being hurt, I'd choose the animal everytime.

I definately thought the acts that Vick (and others...particularly the little criminals that were going around in the city lighting dogs on fire) were sickening...I don't know a person who wasn't disgusted.

My thing is just that I don't equate Jeffry Dahmer or the like with Vick and I think he deserves a second chance...and I'm glad that he seems to be doing the right thing so far...that dumb party he had in the offseason notwithstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    My bad, I should have worded that better...I meant in respects to what happens to a person.

That statement should have been something like...if there was a choice between a person being hurt and an animal being hurt, I'd choose the animal everytime.

I definately thought the acts that Vick (and others...particularly the little criminals that were going around in the city lighting dogs on fire) were sickening...I don't know a person who wasn't disgusted.

My thing is just that I don't equate Jeffry Dahmer or the like with Vick and I think he deserves a second chance...and I'm glad that he seems to be doing the right thing so far...that dumb party he had in the offseason notwithstanding.
    Well, if "doing the right thing" means not attending or staging any more dog fights or killing any more dogs, then the bar is set pretty low. I've said it before and I'll say it again - he has it in him to do what he did. He did it once before, and that, to me, makes him just a bad, rotten person. I don't care how many schools he speaks at or how contrite he looks in his staged interviews.

You molest one kid - you're a child molester. I don't care if you never do it again. Rape one girl in a bar bathroom like some yinzers like to do, you're a rapist. Same thing to Vick - you might think his crime is somehow less severe because it was "only dogs", but you should accept that many people out there think he'll always be a dog killer for the rest of his life and cannot get past that.

Nobody is right or wrong here. Certain crimes hit certain people harder than other crimes.

Losac, like my sister, will never forgive Vick. He could cure cancer and she'd never give him props.

I have a dog, about to adopt another, and I see Vick as a work in progress still.

He is very vocal and has been working voluntarily with the ASPCA so he gets points for that in my book. His probation, I believe, was to work with them for only a year and he has continued that work on his own, outside his probation demands.

Ray got caught up in something, apologized and has clearly redeemed himself.

Stallworth was contrite from the start, apologized profusely to the victims family, refused to cut deals, instructed his lawyer to plea guilty and took his chances. He too has clearly redeemed himself.

Vick's will take a little more time because (1) people like my sister or Losac will never forget and (2) his repeated lying after he was caught. He appears to be on the right track now and only time will tell if he is truly sorry for what he did.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 11-18-2010 at 04:52 PM.

Well, if "doing the right thing" means not attending or staging any more dog fights or killing any more dogs, then the bar is set pretty low. I've said it before and I'll say it again - he has it in him to do what he did. He did it once before, and that, to me, makes him just a bad, rotten person. I don't care how many schools he speaks at or how contrite he looks in his staged interviews.

You molest one kid - you're a child molester. I don't care if you never do it again. Rape one girl in a bar bathroom like some yinzers like to do, you're a rapist. Same thing to Vick - you might think his crime is somehow less severe because it was "only dogs", but you should accept that many people out there think he'll always be a dog killer for the rest of his life and cannot get past that.
    Dude, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Nobody is right or wrong here. Certain crimes hit certain people harder than other crimes.

Losac, like my sister, will never forgive Vick. He could cure cancer and she'd never give him props.

I have a dog, about to adopt another, and I see Vick as a work in progress still.

He is very vocal and has been working voluntarily with the ASPCA so he gets points for that in my book. His probation, I believe, was to work with them for only a year and he has continued that work on his own, outside his probation demands.

Ray got caught up in something, apologized and has clearly redeemed himself.

Stallworth was contrite from the start, apologized profusely to the victims family, refused to cut deals, instructed his lawyer to plea guilty and took him chances. He too has clearly redeemed himself.

Vick's will take a little more time because (1) people like my sister or Losac will never forget and (2) his repeated lying after he was caught. He appears to be on the right track now and only time will tell if he is truly sorry for what he did.
    Now this is something I agree with 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Dude, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    I don't agree to that! :girlfight

Just kidding. Yeah, some lively discussions though. At least a break from the "when will Mattison be fired" talk.

I don't agree to that! :girlfight

Just kidding. Yeah, some lively discussions though. At least a break from the "when will Mattison be fired" talk.
    Amen to that, kept me interested all the way up till Thursday night football, albeit a potential snoozer of a game.

Well put HR.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Sorry folks! If Vick really didn't want to sacrifice dogs for cheap human pleasure, he squandered many opportunities...BEFORE he was caught!

What we see him saying now is orchestrated by his fincial advisors...I don't see it as coming "from the heart"....I'm a reasonable person, with an open mind, but I just don't buy his "contrition" yet....sorry, its more of a "business decision"....

Ravens all the way!

I didnt know that there were people lighting dogs on fire, that is terrible. there are really some fucked up people out there.

I think the only good, whether vick or animal rights activist believe it or not, is that he has and will continue to shine the light on such hideous acts towards man's best friend or any domestic animails. If you dont want to forgive that's fine but at least he is putting himself out there and everybody who watches football knows what he did and hopefully those who are even thinking about doing what he did will take a minute to consider the consequences of his actions.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--