Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Skins Extend McNabb

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ear-extension/

I honestly thought this was a joke when I heard it.

Apparently it's not.

This deal is insane on pretty much every level.

Discuss.

PP

Re: Skins Extend McNabb

As long as Dan Snyder is running that asylum in Landover, you'll get these kind of head-scratchers. I would say he'd probably want to test the market, but no way any other team is going to give a QB like him a deal like that. He'll laugh all the way to the bank as the Skins wallow in mediocrity for the next 5 years.

We Redskin-haters will laugh all the harder if McNabb lays an egg from here on out. No question he's a better QB than Grossman, but still...

I guarantee the Skins either draft a WR with their first pick next year or get a WR in free agency, maybe Vincent Jackson...isn't he done in SD after this year?
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

There are already rumors this was an end around move by Allen / Snyder and that Shanny has been saying he doesn't want McNabb.

All my friends who are Skins fans are defending it saying there are no other QB's out there. While true, you still do not sign an aged veteran for that much cash. It's as if the draft is an after thought.

Status quo in Landover. Still they do not understand the concept of cultivating talent.

Blog Entries

$40 mil in guaranteed money is quite a 34th birthday present. :grbac: Did Bruce Allen really approve this, or is he just a Snyder figurehead too?

Seriously, it isn't even fun hating the Redskins anymore.

The Foreskins sign another aging vet who's best years are behind him and severely over paid him. Will they ever learn?

Someone asked Daniel Snyder "So, have things in the organization really changed and you've given control to the people that understand football?"

And Snyder answered...

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Even if you wanted to sign him to a long term deal, why not wait until the offseason and let the market set itself, yea i understand you risk losing him or risk him feeling slighted but idk think the most starved QB team would spend anywhere near this amount of money.

Here's just a quick recap of the Eagles/Skins game thus far.

Jackson 88 yd TD reception on first play of game. D Hall personal foul on PAT.

Skins 3 and out with three straight runs and no use of the $78 million QB.

Eagles drive straight down the field and Vick runs in.

McNabb throws a pick on 3rd play (3rd down) of next drive.

PP

Edit: 50 yd run for Eagles.

28-0 through 1st quarter. Eagles have 280 yds and Skins have 23. Skins have 4 possessions and 4 three and outs.
    Last edited by purplepoe; 11-15-2010 at 10:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Anybody remember when we gave Dave Trembley the Orioles manager job full time, and that same day we lost a game 30-3?

That is a pretty good comparison for what's happening in DC...

35-0 now...another Vick TD pass
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    As long as Dan Snyder is running that asylum in Landover, you'll get these kind of head-scratchers. I would say he'd probably want to test the market, but no way any other team is going to give a QB like him a deal like that. He'll laugh all the way to the bank as the Skins wallow in mediocrity for the next 5 years.

You beat me to it. Typical Snyder.

The funny part is the timing that came not long after Shanny benched McNabb who is laughing his
    ass off at the moment. He gets benched and a huge contract in the same month.

Only in the NFL and only in DC.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-16-2010 at 01:53 AM.