Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Troy Smith Going nuts today

356 yards so far. He is killing me in fantasy football.

Waiting for Losac to say....

Re: Troy Smith Going nuts today

I know what this thread is going to turn into...

Still, fair play to Smith, he's played well today.
    UKRavenGordon's Gametrips

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W
    2011 (January 2012) @ New England AFCCG L

Smith has a certain "it" factor that alwyas made him a spark.

The fact that he garnered the hate that he did is laughable. There was no room for him on the Ravens because he'd never get a chacne on a team like the Ravens (or Falcons, Rams, Lions, etc other teams with good young QBs).

He needed to go to a team he would get an opportunity and he was going to make plays. You could see he was a playmaker when he was here.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    He needed to go to a team he would get an opportunity and he was going to make plays. You could see he was a playmaker when he was here.
    Really? When?

It'll be interesting to see, when all is said and done, whether he has a longer career than Kyle Boller.

I really wanted him to succeed here. But in the regular season and in the preseason he showed nothing. Now he's gone, fine, time will tell.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Smith has a certain "it" factor that alwyas made him a spark.

The fact that he garnered the hate that he did is laughable. There was no room for him on the Ravens because he'd never get a chacne on a team like the Ravens (or Falcons, Rams, Lions, etc other teams with good young QBs).

Seriously? You don't know why he was hated?

Just a shot in the dark here but I'd say it's because he demanded to be traded to Cleveland.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Seriously? You don't know why he was hated?

Just a shot in the dark here but I'd say it's because he demanded to be traded to Cleveland.
    I get that.

And if it was just that, I'd be OK. But it's these idiots that try to maintain that he had a chance ON THE FIELD here as a Raven and played like garbage. He didn't. Every time he was on the field he showed sparks of something potentially VERY, VERY good.

He beat Pittsburgh his rookie year on a terrible, terrible Ravens team. He played at one of the toughest road venues in the NFL in Seattle on a terrible Ravens team for which NOBODY showed up and he bounced back after a putrid first half and delivered some beautiful throws including the most gorgeous deep pass any Ravens QB has ever thrown.

None of that is to say he's better than Flacco or should have stayed over Flacco or any of that...that'd be nonesense too. But to say he doens't have the potential to be something good, or that his future is in the CFL, etc. is just stupid.

Blog Entries

Troy Smith has nothing to lose thus he'll have no pressure on him. He can only go up.

He played at one of the toughest road venues in the NFL in Seattle
    He's gonna have a lot more games there now that he's starting for the 49ers.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I can't believe we cut Smith. If he was our starter we would be undefeated

if he has another good game we will be having the Derrick Anderson convo again. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    I can't believe we cut Smith. If he was our starter we would be undefeated

if he has another good game we will be having the Derrick Anderson convo again. lol
    No. There's 2 big differences.

1) Smith is much, much better than Anderson

2) We didn't have a QB when we let Anderson go, we do have Flacco. No matter how good Troy Smith plays in San Fran, even if he's the best QB in the NFL by year's end, there was absolutely a 0% chance he should have ever been given a chance to start in Baltimore after Flacco established himself. Hence why we cut him and signed a washed up Bulger (praying he doesn't see the field). Having a 2nd good, young, QB does nothing for you. A team like us needs a veteran.

That being said, obviously, I would be significantly more comfortable in a game if Troy Smith was playing QB for us vs. Bulger, but if it comes to that we have issues anyway. There was no place for Troy Smith on this team just like there's no place for Kolb on the Eagles if they re-sign Vick.

No. There's 2 big differences.

1) Smith is much, much better than Anderson

2) We didn't have a QB when we let Anderson go, we do have Flacco. No matter how good Troy Smith plays in San Fran, even if he's the best QB in the NFL by year's end, there was absolutely a 0% chance he should have ever been given a chance to start in Baltimore after Flacco established himself. Hence why we cut him and signed a washed up Bulger (praying he doesn't see the field). Having a 2nd good, young, QB does nothing for you. A team like us needs a veteran.

That being said, obviously, I would be significantly more comfortable in a game if Troy Smith was playing QB for us vs. Bulger, but if it comes to that we have issues anyway. There was no place for Troy Smith on this team just like there's no place for Kolb on the Eagles if they re-sign Vick.
    1. Wake me up when he makes the probowl after throwing for almost 3800 yards and 29 TD's. Madden doesn't count. College doesn't count.

The ravens coaches and FO feel very differently then you. They felt so uncomfortable with Troy that they CONSTANTLY tried to upgrade our backup QB position despite having a franchise QB. IT was obvious that they were very uncomfortable with what they saw from him in practice. These are people that have seen mopre of him against NFL competition then anyone on the planet, and yet they;
    Acquired Beck
    Flirted with Todd Collins, despite having both
    then
    Signed Bulger to a RECORD contract for a backup QB.