Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: LOL - Dirty Sanchez delivers the goods

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoriteboxer View Post
    Good points, all. I think the only one that really qualifies for what I'm trying to get at is the Bills game. Basically we had no business winning that, and just did anyway. And that's the sense I frequently get when I watch some of our rival teams.
    Well, some of our rivals do this and some don't. Division rivals Cincy and Cleveland traditionally have a knack for NOT winning the close, tense games (caveat: Cincy against us, unfortunately.) Colts, Pats and Steelers have a tendency to win those games -- they've got lots of talent, coaches and QBs that keep cool, and (ahem) get the friendly call on questionable replays/reviews/etc. We're not there yet, but we have a little clout... Ravens are either the bottom of Tier 1 or the top of Tier 2. (For instance, next week against Carolina we'll probably get all the close calls.)
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Also, fuck the Jets.

I just need these words to exist in cyberspace forever, to endure after me.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    That makes two weeks in a row the Jets have needed miracles to beat mediocre teams that are average on very their best days.
    The fourth time in five games, actually (Vikings, Broncos, Lions, Browns). And sandwiched between was that home shutout against the Packers.
    ERIG20, your local draftnik

Signature currently under construction

Losac - no offence, but Rex Ryan is to you what elevators at Ravens Stadium are to MistaT. You'll be yelling at clouds next.

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    Losac - no offence, but Rex Ryan is to you what elevators at Ravens Stadium are to MistaT. You'll be yelling at clouds next.

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    LOL
    No shit...hahahahaha... I personally think Rex Ryan proves with each win and the handling of the maturation of Sanchez that he was more than justified for being pissed after the Ravens passed him over for promotion.

But since he's no longer a Raven, he's suddenly this person some Ravens fans hate. Don't understand it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    No shit...hahahahaha... I personally think Rex Ryan proves with each win and the handling of the maturation of Sanchez that he was more than justified for being pissed after the Ravens passed him over for promotion.

But since he's no longer a Raven, he's suddenly this person some Ravens fans hate. Don't understand it myself.
    Dude, he was passed over for not just only the vacancy here, but in San Diego too. And remember the word around was that it was because he was too fat, loud, and unprofessional. And so far that's what he's proven to be in New York. Like your loud, obnoxious uncle who makes everyone uncomfortable by saying what's on his mind because he's just such a boisterous free spirit. Fuck that. Go look up my posts from 2007/2008. I just didn't start not liking Rex just because he's not a Raven. I never wanted him and think his status as a genius DC was due to the good personnel he had here, just like Marvin Lewis, Mike Nolan, etc.

You think if Rex was the HC here we could have afforded to keep all 3 linebackers that year? You think Bart Scott would have taken a pay cut to stay in Ray's shadow? And so many hate him because he can't ever shut up about the Ravens still, still has to get in his digs about not getting a job 3 damn years ago. He still hasn't moved on and it gets tiresome hearing him and his linebacker butt-buddy continue to mention it.

Blog Entries

It all depends on whether you like a guy who won't shut up. Some people find it enjoyable to watch, some think it's obnoxious. I'm in the latter camp.

Say what you like about Sanchez, but give him the chances and he delivers the clutch plays.

I have nothing against Rex Ryan. He wins and he speaks his mind. Kinda like Billick when he first arrived in Baltimore. It doesn't matter if you don't say a word if you're losing (see Wade Phillips), the fans will turn against you.

Being pissed about Rex being Rex is much to do about nothing, IMHO.

maybe a bit OT, but...

I just read that post about "which teams would swop their #1 QB for Vick now..."

my take: no doubt "some" teams would do it, but regarding the long list the poster included, he should add the following list of teams who would NOT swop for Vick now, under any circumstances...

Ravens (Flacco)
    Falcons (Ryan)
    Jets (Sanchez)
    Rams (Bradford)

Thats just 4 teams I would add to the poster's orginal list...

Ravens all the Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Purple4ever View Post
    maybe a bit OT, but...

I just read that post about "which teams would swop their #1 QB for Vick now..."

my take: no doubt "some" teams would do it, but regarding the long list the poster included, he should add the following list of teams who would NOT swop for Vick now, under any circumstances...

Ravens (Flacco)
    Falcons (Ryan)
    Jets (Sanchez)
    Rams (Bradford)

Thats just 4 teams I would add to the poster's orginal list...

Ravens all the Way!
    ONLY if I knew Vick could maintain this level of play for at least 4 more years would I trade him with Flacco. By that time Ozzie could draft and season a suitable replacement and send Ray Lewis into retirement with another SB title or two.