Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Block the NFL Lockout

It means the poster has responded to the thread before it gets locked because it is spam or an advertisement of some kind.

This is . . . close. I am inclined to let it go as long as it stays on topic.

Frankly, I hate the way MLB is structured and would hate for the NFL to fall into that kind of thing. A salary cap and revenue sharing are essential to the NFL and the competitiveness it brings.

I will worry about the lockout after this year. I haven't studied the issues very closely so I don't know if the players should be locked out of the owners told to suck hind tit.

Thumbs down Re: Block the NFL Lockout

Quote Originally Posted by NFLLockout View Post
    Hey Ravens fans -
    I'm here on behalf of the NFL Players Association ......
    I stopped reading after the word "Association". Anything you stated after the above statement = NFLPA bullshit propaganda. Fuck the NFLPA. My ticket prices have gone up ten-fold since the Colts played here - similar seats. Meanwhile, union bosses line their pockets. I place 95% of the blame for that increase on the NFLPA, another 5% on dumbass Maryland politicians who let the local union thugs double the cost of construction of the Ravens Stadium.

The only concern that I have about the NFL's labor issues is that the NFLPA might survive. If it takes a lockout to break the union, I would be happier to see that happen than to see the owners accept more ridiculous player salary increases and pass them onto the consumers. I think that I would have to consider selling my tickets if the owners can't get the union under control and we get hit with more massive price increases.

btw: We should have a one week read-only requirement for newbies to preclude spamming like this. You are lucky that Greg already has the Christmas spirit.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    btw: We should have a one week read-only requirement for newbies to preclude spamming like this.
    Ive been on this board for a while now and i havent noticed much spam. if they made a one week period when new members counldnt post that would eliminate other teams fans coming here during the week we are playing their team and talking about the players and teams. I enjoy hearing what some fans from other teams have to say about their team and ours. except for steeler fans.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NFLLockout View Post
    Hey guys... just coming back to clear up that I'm not a bot and I hope you all seriously took a moment to check over that petition. I'm a huge football fan myself and I can't imagine life without football next year. I know how important football is to the city of Baltimore and its residents...it would be a shame not to have football there next year.

Imagine if on Sundays you weren't hanging out at the Purple Patio or Pickles before the games, or tailgating in the parking lots. Imagine not being able to draft Ray Rice, Boldin or Flacco in your fantasy leagues. Things would be pretty different next year..

We suffered 12 years w/o football when the NFL screwed us.

:grbac:

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

MistaT, I think the owners charge us what they think they can get and if the players took a 50% pay cut the owners wouldn't change a thing in regard to prices.

I think both are interested in milking us for all we are worth.

Blog Entries

Please educate me...I thought de-certifying the union was going to prevent a lockout anyway? Wasn't the de-certification a means to basically disband the union, and the NFL owners can't lock out individual players?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

7. Re: Block the NFL Lockout

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    MistaT, I think the owners charge us what they think they can get and if the players took a 50% pay cut the owners wouldn't change a thing in regard to prices.

I think both are interested in milking us for all we are worth.
    Yeah I think the reflexive anti-unionism on this thread is pretty stupid. All you're doing is siding with the billionaires over the millionaires, as trailhiker said.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoriteboxer View Post
    Yeah I think the reflexive anti-unionism on this thread is pretty stupid. All you're doing is siding with the billionaires over the millionaires, as trailhiker said.
    You may have a point about siding with Billionaires over millionaires BUT anti-unionism being stupid all depends on your point of view.

The millionaires (players) wants to hold the billionaires (owners) hostage by threatening if they don't get their raise that then raises the price on us, which happens with most unions (see car companies). Sorry, but I am with the owners on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoriteboxer View Post
    No, I side with my wallet.

Unions have already destroyed many industries in the US: auto, passenger rail, textile, etc. Soon add MLB to that list. The NFLPA is a pox that needs eradication. I am looking for a lockout to accomplish that.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    F Unions, And that includes the players union. If it means no football for a year, oh well I hope the owners don't cave.
    Ok.... I get the F the players union thing but surely not all unions. The NFLPA does need to re-evaluate itself and the union members need to look at who they are electing as their leaders. You should have a 5 minute conversation with Foxworth.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    My ticket prices have gone up ten-fold since the Colts played here - similar seats. Meanwhile, union bosses line their pockets. I place 95% of the blame for that increase on the NFLPA, another 5% on dumbass Maryland politicians who let the local union thugs double the cost of construction of the Ravens Stadium.
    :word

Unless and until the fan's perspective becomes part of the conversation, and this includes but is not limited to prices and price increases, all this is just postering by two rich parties arguing over who gets to screw the customer the most.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    Ok.... I get the F the players union thing but surely not all unions. The NFLPA does need to re-evaluate itself and the union members need to look at who they are electing as their leaders. You should have a 5 minute conversation with Foxworth.
    I think unions used to be a good thing but now the are just greedy, same with the players union, they (unions) hold the employer hostage for more money and in the end it is the consumer that gets screwed, because the employee is not going to give more of a percentage of their take they will just charge more for the product.

Now as far as the healthcare after football portion of what the players want, I agree something needs to be done there.