Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Block the NFL Lockout

Hey Ravens fans -
    I'm here on behalf of the NFL Players Association and I know you're all concerned about the possibility of a lockout next season. I noticed you have been talking quite a bit about the labor negotiations, so I wanted to give you a chance to have your voice be heard. You can do that by signing this petition - it will take you less than a minute. We're hoping to get enough signatures that we can then send this letter to the owners showing how important it is that something be worked out. Thanks for helping block the lockout!

Re: Block the NFL Lockout

IBTL
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

With due respect, no.

Not only no but hell no.

What the players want amounts to the start of an MLB-esque pay structure, completely threatening the very thing that makes the NFL great -- parity.

The owners seem willing to give the players post career healthcare so outside of that demand, the NFLPA's whining that 60% of the pie isn't enough rings pretty hollow.

I'd much prefer a short lock out and the essence of the game preserved over a quick compromise that opens Pandoras Box, leading to Jerry Jones, Al Davis and Danny Boy holding all the cash.

Oh IBTL.

4. Re: Block the NFL Lockout

Really, this isn't a case of players striking and demanding something unreasonable. That's why it's being called a lockout. The owners had a CBA in place that they had agreed to. And they voted unanimously to opt out early. So the conversation has to start with the owners saying what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    IBTL
    Most excellent post.

So others don't have to do the research I did:

The OP was basically a bot. Don't bother.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

6. Re: Block the NFL Lockout

Hey guys... just coming back to clear up that I'm not a bot and I hope you all seriously took a moment to check over that petition. I'm a huge football fan myself and I can't imagine life without football next year. I know how important football is to the city of Baltimore and its residents...it would be a shame not to have football there next year.

Imagine if on Sundays you weren't hanging out at the Purple Patio or Pickles before the games, or tailgating in the parking lots. Imagine not being able to draft Ray Rice, Boldin or Flacco in your fantasy leagues. Things would be pretty different next year..

Blog Entries

F Unions, And that includes the players union. If it means no football for a year, oh well I hope the owners don't cave.

I have a cursory -- not detailed --understanding of the issues involved, and thus absolutely no intention of signing anything.

Let the Millionaires battle the Billionaires and have the chips fall where they may. If there's no football next year, it'll be disappointing, but ...I'll survive just fine. I'll just remind myself how lucky I am to have a decent job, even though I won't earn in a lifetime what many of the players (or any of the owners) make in a year. Gotta have your priorities in order.

Oh, and IBTL.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    With due respect, no.

Not only no but hell no.

What the players want amounts to the start of an MLB-esque pay structure, completely threatening the very thing that makes the NFL great -- parity.

The owners seem willing to give the players post career healthcare so outside of that demand, the NFLPA's whining that 60% of the pie isn't enough rings pretty hollow.

I'd much prefer a short lock out and the essence of the game preserved over a quick compromise that opens Pandoras Box, leading to Jerry Jones, Al Davis and Danny Boy holding all the cash.

Oh IBTL.

Oh by the way what is IBTL

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfanmike View Post

Oh by the way what is IBTL
    "in before the lock"

Yeah, psu really likes those net-speak acronyms.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    "in before the lock"
    What does it mean?