The Good, Bad, Ugly & The Megan Fox

I hate to blame a game on officiating. Many things happen during the course of a game that players can control through execution and carrying out individual assignments. But when a team marches back to take the lead against a tough opponent on the road during a short week and that effort is spoiled by not one, not two, but three questionable calls (video below), it's hard not to have a sour taste . Yes, it's time to move on but before we do, here's The Good, Bad, Ugly & The Megan Fox.

THE GOOD: Joe Flacco got off to a slow start thanks to the Falcons dominating time of possession and some poor pass protection. But that hardly excuses his throw to TJ Houshmandzadeh on the team's first offensive series. As he does regularly in just about every game, Flacco predetermined where he was going with the football without making proper adjustments post snap. Anquan Boldin was wide open running a seam route parallel to the hash marks. Flacco did respond later on in the second half and rallied the team with 3 scoring strikes. The team is being built around Flacco and his second half effort is what they will need heading down the stretch; particularly given the team's defensive deficiencies. Hopefully this prime time game proves to be a confidence booster for the Ravens signal caller...Ray Rice was productive with the football both as a runner and pass catcher. It would have been interesting to see what he might have done by ground had the game not gotten away from the Ravens. It didn't look like the Falcons had an answer for No. 27...The Ravens have lacked a fiery leader on offense - not anymore. Anquan Boldin deserves credit for rallying his mates, making tough catches and leveling 300 pound Peria Jerry after a dump off pass to Ray Rice to help spring Rice for the first down (see video below)... Donte Stallworth looks fresh and fast and hopefully he can translate that burst on the reverses into the passing game...Terrence Cody rebounded from a poor effort v. the Dolphins and was stout against the Falcons running game, contributing in a big way to the Falcons substandard 2.6 yards per carry...Billy Cundiff's kickoffs remain consistently strong chipping in with 3 touchbacks on four kicks...Sam Koch had a great game, averaging 49.5 yards and an average net of 45.5 yards; 3 punts dropped inside the 20...The Red Zone efficiency was awful last week. Props to Cam Cameron and the offense for cleaning that up against the Falcons (3 for 3).

The bad, ugly & the MF with links to videos of Boldin the Beast plus Ron Winter's triple play HERE

Re: The Good, Bad, Ugly & The Megan Fox

Damn those clips make me more pissed... Sure the refs screwed us, but the Jenkins catch was extremely poor pass D by the combo of poor technique by Webb and the useless Landry with the over the top safety help. How can you let a 24yd deep sideline out on 3rd and 10 with 50secs left. That just is utterly pisspoor :grbac:

Also why the hell couldn't Gooden just make sure he does not touch Gonzalez in coverage on an underneath route on the 3rd and 10?? You DO NOT risk it by putting your arm around his back before the pass gets there. Shit, Ryan may actually even throw an errant pass, which, by the way, he did. It would have been incomplete even if Gooden didnt touch him. Ok, even if the pass was good and Gonzalez would have caught it, Gooden would have tackled him short of the 1st down on 33 (so 4th and 2 with a 50yd FG try). Even if Bryant kicks the FG, the Ravens then have 27sec with 1 TO to get into FG range. Better than the alternative... Just poor football IQ in that situation.
    Last edited by ravensnhokies; 11-12-2010 at 07:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: The Good, Bad, Ugly & The Megan Fox

yeah, Gooden has to be tops for my goats of the week...plenty to choose from, but the gravity of that play...urgh.

On the other hand, there a lot of guys who made MANY bad plays, that just weren't the backbreakers...Webb, Oher, Cam, Mattison, Landry?, Ellerbe, Grubbs, Flacco (to some extent, his early play)
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!