Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 404142

Re: THURSDAY NIGHT GAME THREAD SPECIAL - Ravens/Falcons

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    No one is afraid of this defense anymore. The offense put the game in position to win, and the defense couldn't hold.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

Blog Entries

The entire espn staff and announcers really suck.

We needed to run the ball more tonight. We had early success and were never down enough to justify not running more.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    The entire espn staff and announcers really suck.
    They really made this game unbearable. Every single one of them talk put of their ass. I don't know how many times they were just making stats and bullshit up.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    There's a whole mess of problems on D to blame this on...a fair amount falls on Mattison, but not all of it...

1. In the 1st half, Mattison was KILLING me for tipping the hand on our blitzes, allowing Ryan to audible out, then STICKING WITH THE PLAY. Ryan kept getting 1st downs and nice gains on those plays.
    2. Our philosophy may not be wrong, but it's annoying. Giving up the 10-12 yard outs get REALLY annoying, and while you are defending the deep ball, you are also just gambling on the eventual double move, which we saw Webb bite on and ALMOST get beat for a TD
    3. The TACKLING is f-in atrocious. Stop leg tackling!
    4. I'm not even sure what to do with the pass rush. Towards the end, the 3 man was actually getting to Ryan some. And more than a couple times when we rushed 4 or 5, Ryan just picked it up and hit a quick option.

There's more, but I put off cleaning up the kitchen for this, so now I need to finish that and hopefully not break a lot of things.
    I agree 100%. With the season being half way over, cleaning house wouldn't make any sense IMO. Mattison needs to get his @ss handed to him by Oz and company though. Hopefully that'll wake him up, he'll grow a pair, and get a little more creative and a lot less predictable in all his damn schemes.

Blog Entries

Joe Theisman just said RAvens big mistake was letting Josh Wilson

cover White.

Blog Entries

Mattison is from HARBs father's good ole boy network.

He ain't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Mattison is from HARBs father's good ole boy network.

He ain't going anywhere.
    Yup. And that's the depressing part.

Blog Entries

If you fire Mattison mid-season, I guarantee the D will end up WORSE.

Bye week is one thing, you have some time to adjust/transition. If you do it now, you have to get an assistant coach who the WHOLE D respects, and you have to make sure they can prep the whole D for the week right away. Harbaugh can't run the D either. This week would be the best of the remaining weeks, since we have an extra couple days...but I just can't see a switch at DC bringing us a sudden change in fortune. The scheme might suck, but scheme doesn't fix bad tackling or guys being unable to push past an OL...

The only guys I can see being interim DC are Pagano or maybe Pees. And if you hate Mattison, you'll probably hate Pees, because he's another "Harbaugh buddy". And if you install Pagano, are you really thinking the pass rush improves?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    If you fire Mattison mid-season, I guarantee the D will end up WORSE.

Bye week is one thing, you have some time to adjust/transition. If you do it now, you have to get an assistant coach who the WHOLE D respects, and you have to make sure they can prep the whole D for the week right away. Harbaugh can't run the D either. This week would be the best of the remaining weeks, since we have an extra couple days...but I just can't see a switch at DC bringing us a sudden change in fortune. The scheme might suck, but scheme doesn't fix bad tackling or guys being unable to push past an OL...

The only guys I can see being interim DC are Pagano or maybe Pees. And if you hate Mattison, you'll probably hate Pees, because he's another "Harbaugh buddy". And if you install Pagano, are you really thinking the pass rush improves?
    Well, I'm not advocating firing anyone right now, but I don't give a shit who a Harbaugh buddy is, just that they fix the defense. Unless being some friend of Harbs precludes that.

Blog Entries

I'm just going off the notion of Harbaugh just hiring guys who worked with his Dad or guys he was on staffs with where he's doing them some personal favor...

When Mattison was hired, a large portion of fans SCREAMED against it saying this guy was only an NFL assistant one year, his defenses sucked, he'll never be a good DC. But the prevailing argument was this guy was just a Harbaugh yes man. A guy who mentored Harbaugh a bit before and Harbaugh is only too eager to repay the favor now.

Pees was in a similar boat. He worked with Harbs or Harbs' brother a couple years back.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!