Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Marshall Matchup

We can't just double Marshall all day. Henne would just take advantage of the other one on one matchups. We have to double him fairly often though and disguise our coverages enough to keep Henne guessing.

We have to mix it up, and as PSU said, keep him from getting behind the secondary for a score.

If we get a decent pass rush THAT would really help. I'm sure we worked on that over the bye week. I'm hoping to see more pre-snap movement that will disguise when we are blitzing and when we aren't. I think one of the reasons for the lack of pass rush (not the only one) is that we're too predictable and show our hand too easily when we blitz.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post
    If we get a decent pass rush THAT would really help.
    Have to agree with Dave Lap. Generate a pass rush, get sacks, stuff the run, knock Henne down a few times(legally, of course) and I don't think Marshall is a factor.
    Of course this is just my opinion

I am not even sure a rush is necessary today.

Only 2 rushing TD's this season for the Fish. 4-5 up front, double Marshall and let Reed do his thing and we can win this smooth. I am a little worried about Fasano though.

All comes down to execution, IMO.

I forgot to add one thing TACKLE the Ball Carrier...
    Of course this is just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    I think you must confuse your Marshall for someone else. We have eliminated him from previous games. Check your history, he doesnt do well against us and we just man him up. Better yet we have the Phins # anyway. What your weak at we are strong and what your strong at so are we. Your QB is good for two picks today and possibly a pick six.

Oh and Webb is the best choice to be on Marshall today. He is our most physical corner.
    Agh , should have called three picks. Oh well...