Be glad we didn't get Robert Gallery in the NFL draft

Anyone see the highlights of Shawne Merriman just eating Robert Gallery alive in last weeks game ? Wonder if Terrell Suggs is excited. Gallery was falling all over the place not just getting beat but destroyed.

Re: Be glad we didn't get Robert Gallery in the NFL draft

Yeah it looks like most of the fans have put him in the bust category after that performance on Monday,actually most already thought he was before that.I said I wanted to watch him from an objective viewpoint because I heard rumblings of this for the last year from Raider fans but I think its obvious this guy cant play RT,LT or G in this league after 3 years now which is sad for a top 3 pick.

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80491

but he ran a 4.9 for a 310 poun lineman

Even better news for RaiderNation....Gallery is OUT for this Sunday (possible torn calf muscle):hammer:

Hindsight is always 20/20 (not the television news magazine, mind you)...

Everything about Gallery seemed promising before he actually had to produce on an NFL field... Much like Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, William Green...etcetera, etcetera...

yeah except all those others were drafted by the Cleveland (official nfl career killer) Browns

NOTES: Left tackle Robert Gallery will be lost at least three weeks with a pulled calf muscle, Shell said. Gallery was injured in practice Wednesday and did not work out Thursday. An MRI test revealed the damage. Chad Slaughter is expected to start in Gallery's place against Baltimore ... Cornerbacks Nnamdi Asomugha (foot) and Chris Carr (calf), and linebacker Sam Williams (ankle) also were held out of practice.
    http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...a/15521359.htm

That sucks,I was hoping Gallery would play because his backup is better,Slaughter held his own last year against Strahan.Now when Suggs gets his 2-3 sacks all the "pundits" will say it was against a backup so its different.

The Iowa players, and lineman especially, seem to struggle at the NFL level. Part of the theory behind this is they are so well coached by Kirk Ferentz (Belichick's old o-line coach) that they are actually at their NFL ceilings while in college.