Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: OMFG

Re: OMFG

This may be the 1st time I've been a little disappointed after a win.

That being said, we are 5-2 and the bye is coming up, so hopefully the troubling things I saw today will be corrected.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

Blog Entries

Pure speculation here: The Bills HAD TO have seen something about FW on film, something he does setting up... SOMETHING... the way they picked on him. I've never seen him look this bad before. They had to have seen something other teams haven't picked up. That's all I can guess.

It looked like the way the Ravens picked on Wright (#21) for Cleveland a few weeks ago -- the dude just couldn't help but fall for every head fake and overcommit. Not sure what Fabian was doing wrong, but they exploited the hell out of it.

I can also guess our next opponents will be looking for it.

Hopefully the Ravens find it on film and fix it.

As for the lack of pass rush.......................................... wow. Don't know how they'll fix that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Mattison's coaching is absurd. He's in way over his head. With high calibre defenders like Reed, Lewis, Ngata & Suggs, this this should be a Top 5 defense regardless of who is coaching. They look listless. Like a bunch of stiffs.

Mattison should be shit-canned tomorrow to allow a new DC a couple weeks to prepare for Miami.
    I've been saying the same thing, he is just on over his head, Every blitz is telegraphed and the vanilla D seems to be coming back. MAYBE the D that came to play after the bye week last year will return after this weeks bye week

I share everyone's frustration...and I agree with a lot of what has been written in this thread...my bottom line is I NEED to see this team play 4 solid quarters in a row...ALL UNITS! Right now they can barely put two good quarters together. There's plenty of blame to go around and it seems to vary week-to-week but generally lands each week partly on coaching (bad schemes, poor mixes of plays, conservative play calling etc). Some adjustments are needed IMO. I'll keep calling for this until I see a complete game that I can look back on and say "That was a good game for us", all 60 GODDAMNED minutes of it!

<insert end of MadMans tantrum here>

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    So its the offenses fault the defense could not get off the field on 3rd down?

Come on.
    As bad as they were playing, it would have made sense to run the ball and control the clock to help keeps the Bills offense off the field... As many times as the defense has bailed this team out over the years, the offense can return the favor every once in awhile...

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Is it just me, or did I just witness this "Super Bowl-bound" team of ours tiptoe to the edge of citywide hysteria, .
    This is not a Super Bowl team. They need some SERIOUS work before they are even close.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    This is not a Super Bowl team. They need some SERIOUS work before they are even close.
    who is a Super Bowl team out of the AFC?

Quote Originally Posted by bretts View Post
    who is a Super Bowl team out of the AFC?
    I think it's pretty clear that as of right now...and I want to make that clear...right now...the 2 best AFC teams are the Jets and the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
    As bad as they were playing, it would have made sense to run the ball and control the clock to help keeps the Bills offense off the field... As many times as the defense has bailed this team out over the years, the offense can return the favor every once in awhile...
    I'd say putting up 37 points is favor enough. Remember too that not all of that was the offense sputtering. Remember too that Josh Wilson coughed up a kickoff return right after the first Buffalo TD. So the defense was on the field for a good chunk of the first half based off of two series in a row the offense had nothing to do with.

And again, the Bills we 64% on 3rd down. 64%!!! If the defense would have made stops instead of letting them convert 11 3rd downs, they wouldn't have been on the field as long.

BTW, how much running are you doing when you're playing from behind. They were down 24-10 before the half. You're not doing a lot of running in that scenerio. They HAD to throw.

Even at that, they ran only four plays less than they passed. So it was more balanced than people think.

i believe we are in the same sentence as jets and steelers without a doubt. they screw up as much as we do.

Blog Entries

If we played any of the "top 15" teams like we played today, its a loss. Luckily, we don't lack intensity against the Stoolers.

Quote Originally Posted by bretts View Post
    i believe we are in the same sentence as jets and steelers without a doubt. they screw up as much as we do.
    Agree... Jest and Stealers both lost to the team they wanted to beat most - us. We're a good team when we're not napping and probably expecting a team to roll over and die for us. This was just as morally deflating as victories come.

The only bright side is we have proven we can win a shootout.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh