Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Harbaugh sucks

Re: Harbaugh sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Harbaugh hopefully will take advantage of the 2 week bye to fire Mattison and bring in someone who can run an NFL (not college) defense. Dick Nolan comes to mind. I have to agree that, as of now (mid-season) Harbaugh leans more to "sucks" than "elite" due to his inability to do something about Mattison. Harbaugh should have the balls to address the Defense's lackluster play, inability to pressure the QB, and the failure to adjust (seriously outcoached by Bellicik and Gailey in 2 straight weeks).

Yes, I do remember that some of us were questioning the Harbaugh adoration, e.g.:

T, you know Harbs is not going to can Mattison. In fact, the only way I think Mattison leaves while Harbs is here is if/when Mattison retires on his own unfortunately. He was never qualitfied for this job and we barely interviewed other candidates...why we didn't consider Greg Williams is beyond me.

Anyway, Harbs had better keep on winning as he will lose this locker room if he starts losing...very quickly.

Sorry, I still think he sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    So much wrong in this post I don't even know how to begin to itemize the pure stupidity of it.

Let's start though.

1) I assume this is because we struggled to beat Buffalo at home. When you get a chance, look up the Buffalo/New England game in New England a few weeks ago. I guess Bill Belichek sucks because they lost to the Jets then nearly lost to the Bills at home!!

It's because we consistently win in spite of our coach and lose because of him. He's gutless. It's silly to use his name and Bellicheck's in the same sentence.

2) Cody and Kruger both played more snaps yesterday than they'd played all season. They both got manhandled. Kindle is unavailable. Are there other 2nd round picks that I'm missing?

The whole D got manhandled yesterday. Maybe if Cody and Kruger weren't inactive every other week they would build some continuity with the defense.

3) Why shouldn't Mattison have been hired to begin with? How could you possibly make that assertion without the benefit of hindsight? He was a great college coordinator, sometimes things just don't work out. Don't forget, Billick ressurected Mike Nolan's career when everyone thought we shouldn't touch him.

So using hindsight, we can agree that Mattison sucks. When will Harbaugh make that assertion? Mattison will be our coordinator until he dies or decides he'd like to play golf more. Harbaugh will never fire a family friend. This is a defense that has made head coaches out of every coordinator it's ever had and even a few assistants. They all pretty much let the talent play in a scheme they were comfortable in. Mattison comes in and tries to change the scheme of one of the greatest defenses of all time to something that is purely vanilla.

4) You beg for him to find a returner. Well we traded for Josh Wilson, who was performing at a near pro bowl level as a KR last year and was a very ood KR in college. Then you complain that we stick our biggest playmaker back there when we needed a play. Make up your damn mind.

Notice how I said pick a guy and STICK with him, OR find someone else. I think Josh Wilson should be getting the reps over Parmallee. By rotating the two of them all that you are doing is making sure that neither of them build any continuity. Reed just came back from an injury and we were up by 10. There was no need to risk losing our only playmaker in the secondary on a punt return.

5) The same Troy Smith had beaten Pittsburgh in week 17 the year before. Yet, in your magic 8 ball you can tell that we would certianly have stunk with Smith. I don't even want to turn this into a Smith thread but do you even remember that season? Flacco didn't do much to win games, he was there to hand the rock to the 3 headed monster and we had the best rushing attack in football and a top defense. Do you really think that would have changed with Troy Smith at QB?

Yes, Troy Smith beat a team that was laying down and resting for the playoffs. He still sucks.

Like I said, this might have been the absolute dumbest post ever made on this board, which is saying something.

LOL LOL LOL LOL you're too funny.

I love how you say we consistently win in spite of our coach as if that's some sort of undeniable fact. I don't quite see it that way. And don't mention him in the same breath as Belicheck? Why not? Both of our teams performed just about the same at home against the same Buffalo team. They won 38-30, for the record. And were losing in the 2nd half. And Buffalo had a chance to score the potential tying TD at the end. I guess the Patriots won in spite of Belichek that week. And yesterday when a kick doinked off the upright. Lucky. Anyone would have coached them to victory!

I love your logic about Cody and Kruger. They get manhandled by a terrible team and by far the worst OL we've faced so far this season and somehow your convaluted logic concludes that if they'd played more (against better teams) that they'd have played better...without ever stopping to think about how much worse the TEAM would have played in those games that they were getting those snaps?

Whatever you want to say about that Week 17 Pittsburgh game, fine. But Smith won. And you still didn't address the point I made that our offense would have been no different with Smith at the helm than with Flacco at the helm. We still would have run 40+ times a game and won with D and running. Or do you magically think that we'd throw the ball 50+ tiems if Smith had been our Qb that year.

The only thing dumber than the original post were some of your counterarguments to my responses to your original idiotic comments.

And, for the record, what the hell has Mattison done to get fired that Marvin Lewis, Rex Ryan, and Mike Nolan didn't do at some point? Our D was LIGHTS OUT for the first 6 weeks of the season then got toasted yesterday. All of the sudden the DC gets canned? HA! Some of you people are just so reactionary it's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post

And, for the record, what the hell has Mattison done to get fired that Marvin Lewis, Rex Ryan, and Mike Nolan didn't do at some point? Our D was LIGHTS OUT for the first 6 weeks of the season then got toasted yesterday. All of the sudden the DC gets canned? HA! Some of you people are just so reactionary it's hilarious.
    Bingo. As I posted earlier, even our greatest D's had REALLY bad weeks. I LOVE how everyone is conveniently ignoring the fact that the Ravens gave up the most yards in a game yesterday since 2000! How about the '00 Ravens (M. Lewis) also giving up 36 points to a mediocre Jacksonville team. Or the '03 Ravens (Nolan) giving up 41 to Seattle or the '06 Ravens (Ryan) giving up 400+ yards and losing at HOME to an 8-8 Carolina team?

I wonder if anyone wanted to fire Tony Dungy and his staff when the '06 Colts (eventual SB champs) beat 0-5 Tennessee in Indy by a whopping 14-13 final? Then two weeks later they blew out a 2-5 Buffalo team in Indy by 2 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    anyone remember this thread from less than 2 weeks ago where quite a few people on this board named Harbs as one of the top coaches in the NFL

http://ravens24x7.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59247
    Yeah but we only won by three yesterday so our coach sucks this week and needs to be fired this week. Also this week mattison also needs to be fired. Cam is okay this week because we scored 37 but he should have ran it more when last week he was too conservative. He should have been fired last week. The NFL needs a practice squad for coaches and inactive lists in case they need to be fired for being more stupid than the average really smart fan.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Yeah but we only won by three yesterday so our coach sucks this week and needs to be fired this week. Also this week mattison also needs to be fired. Cam is okay this week because we scored 37 but he should have ran it more when last week he was too conservative. He should have been fired last week. The NFL needs a practice squad for coaches and inactive lists in case they need to be fired for being more stupid than the average really smart fan.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    :word

Simply amazing. According to most of our fans, the Ravens should be 16-0, score 40 a game and throw shutouts. Otherwise the players, coaches, GM and owners have failed us. Its a shame that so many on this board waste their time bitching about something instead of coaching a team themselves...plus I would image that it pays better than what they probably do for a living too.

Just a guess but I think Cam, Mattison and Harbaugh have forgotten more about the game then 99% of the people on here have ever known. Yet week after week, all you read and hear is that all three have to go. Our O-line sucks, pass rush sucks, DB's suck, QB sucks more than half the time, ST's suck, etc. yet they continue to win year after year. Somebody must doing something right.

My challenge to the doom and gloomers is to either get into coaching or grab your pads and try out for the team. If you are better than what be have I am sure they will find a place for you. Otherwise stop your crying and enjoy what we have.

---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Yep. Pretty amazing when you think about the horrible coaches in the NFL. I mean, it goes without saying that Harbaugh sucks. But at least take some solace from the fact that we don't have Sean Payton. He's only 4-3 this year so far and was just beaten by Cleveland. Since that's a worse record than the Ravens have to date, I can only assume all the indignant Saints fans have even more justification than we do in calling for their coaches' head. And don't even get me started about Jim Caldwell. Take heart, angry Ravens fans! It ain't just us ...it's obvious the NFL is filled with incompetent coaches...

:grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Yep. Pretty amazing when you think about the horrible coaches in the NFL. I mean, it goes without saying that Harbaugh sucks. But at least take some solace from the fact that we don't have Sean Payton. He's only 4-3 this year so far and was just beaten by Cleveland. Since that's a worse record than the Ravens have to date, I can only assume all the indignant Saints fans have even more justification than we do in calling for their coaches' head. And don't even get me started about Jim Caldwell. Take heart, angry Ravens fans! It ain't just us ...it's obvious the NFL is filled with incompetent coaches...

:grbac:
    Considering the class of coaches that were hot names around the time Harbaugh was signed- Garrett, McDaniels, Sparano. Just to name a few if memory serves me well. I can't remember who else was in the running. Oh yeah Rex was another but I don't think he was ever really considered.

Harbaugh looks like a pretty good choice 2+ years later. In his first two season, the Ravens only lost to one non-playoff team and in 39 games now he has only lost to one team with a losing record and that was Cincy this year.

Maybe one could argue that Harbaugh isn't a Belicheck but to suggest he "sucks" is really going nowhere quickly.

It's threads like this that make it hard to keep coming back to this board.

11. Re: Harbaugh sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    It's threads like this that make it hard to keep coming back to this board.
    Yep. I've stayed away recently because it's gotten absurd with the ups and downs with these dopes. It used to be a collection of educated football fans, but it sounds like a bunch of idiots on here now. Other than FilmStudy, it's a bunch of Chicken Littles that have zero perspective or intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    Yep. I've stayed away recently because it's gotten absurd with the ups and downs with these dopes. It used to be a collection of educated football fans, but it sounds like a bunch of idiots on here now. Other than FilmStudy, it's a bunch of Chicken Littles that have zero perspective or intelligence.
    Agree. Shame because there's a lot of insightful knowledgeable football fans on here, who's perspectives I enjoy to read. The boards are always clogged with overly dramatic bull now. Its called a discussion board, don't post if there's nothing intelligent you want to discuss. Their is no legitimate discussion to be had about "Harbaugh sucks" or Mattison is a pussy." C'mon man.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt