1. HBO's Inside The NFL

I forgot all about this show being on and happened to catch it all. They had a segment on who they all thought was going to the Super Bowl.

All 3 picked someone from the AFC North. All 3 picked different teams:

Cris Carter- Ravens
    Dan M- Steelers
    Cris Collingsworth- Bengals

I know predictions don't mean much of anything- just that in this case, the AFC North is getting alot of love and appears to be the best Division in the NFL right now.

Re: HBO's Inside The NFL

Carter is the only one who can be considered objective there. Marino is from Pittsburgh and Collingsworth picking the Bungles is as predictable as the Clowns drafting a bust.

I think our division is the toughest in the NFL right now - I could do without this over-the-top adulation, but it's better than everyone saying we suck (back to Cleveland again).

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven
    Collingsworth picking the Bungles is as predictable as the Clowns drafting a bust.

Truer words were never posted on this board, FPR...

I loved hearing asshole Shannon Sharpe backpedaling on Sunday. He picked the Bucs to win before the game (as did Boomer and Marino - of course), then afterwards when doing the highlights, he was talking about how "the Ravens are for real".

Quote Originally Posted by losac
    I loved hearing asshole Shannon Sharpe backpedaling on Sunday. He picked the Bucs to win before the game (as did Boomer and Marino - of course), then afterwards when doing the highlights, he was talking about how "the Ravens are for real".
    Shannon can shove it. It seems like since he's been on CBS, he's been negative about us all the time. I wipe my azz with Sharpe's predictions

As for the best division in football:

AFC North Week 1: 3-1
    NFC East Week 1: 1-3

Nuff said.
    Waiting for the next one!!!

Blog Entries

if they could get Mike Golic on the show, it'd be 4 picks from AFC North team, since he always picks Cleveland
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I liked the comment one of them made about we will revisit Cleveland in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensjeff
    Cris Collingsworth- Bengals
    Wow....shocker!
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Carter is the only one who can be considered objective there. Marino is from Pittsburgh and Collingsworth picking the Bungles is as predictable as the Clowns drafting a bust.
    Carter isn't totally objective, he and Billick are boys from the Minny days.