Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

If David Carr Is Cut, Would You Sign Him?

I sure would and then trade Boller for whatever I could get. Carr could leanr under McNair for one season before taking over. Also, I am not impressed with any of the QBs that will be available (within our reach) over the next two drafts. Of course Brady "Overrated" Quinn and Russell will be out of our range, and in 2008 Colt Brennan and Brohm may both be the top two QBs taken and top ten picks. We won't be within reach of those picks seeing as we will probably be picking in the late first round again in 2008.

David Carr would make a lot of sense. Of course, I have no idea what kind of cap space we currently have, but cap space can be made. Carr needs a change of scenery and could blossom here in Baltimore.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: If David Carr Is Cut, Would You Sign Him?

He has been cut along with Dominick Davis.

3. Re: If David Carr Is Cut, Would You Sign Him?

This thread chaps my BUTT..... Freaggin' Boller bashers

This thread chaps my BUTT
    What chaps my ass is that many people spent time and money watching the ravens play Boller, in hindsight we would have been better off playing a sleestack from the Land of the Lost, those things are more mobile and probably scare an opposing offense just a tiny bit more.

Would I sign Carr? You damn right i would .

WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    This thread chaps my BUTT..... Freaggin' Boller bashers
    Honestly, I don't want to know anything that has to do with yours or any other man's BUTT. I also don't want to know about you "freakin Boller bashers," either.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Would I sign Carr? You damn right i would .

I would think that if we had the money to sign Carr, we would have had the money to keep Mulitalo.

Or, to keep Pashos.

Jeeeze, you guys are freaking retards. You don't invest more money into a position that you're set at at this point.

Beyond retarded. Honestly, QB discussions during this offseason for Ravens fans are retarded.

The only discussion we should be having is how did McNair suck so thoroughly at home for our one playoff game? And why can't he throw the deep out? Or any deep route that isn't on a scramble drill?

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

What I am trying to figure out is why you all are still having these debates.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Um, maybe because NFL QB is the most important position in all of sports. If you don't think so, maybe you should pay attention to what the winningest NFL coach of all time has publicly stated. He coached Unitas, Griese, and Marino so he ought to know what he is talking about. He also said that is currently the biggest problem with the Miami Dolphins in that they can't seem to get the QB they need. (A pre-emptive strike before you come back with your usual ridicule of my take on this). BTW, we all saw first hand what a QB can do for a team. T

he Ravens went from no threat to make the playoffs under Boller to a 13-3 team under McNair with little changes to the team otherwise. I have been espousing ever since they have been trying to win with the woefully inadequate Boller at the position, that the Ravens needed a major upgrade. Guess what, I was spot on! Boller to me is like a cancer to this team. The sooner they can eliminate him alltogether the better. Right now he is merely in remission as the backup.
    ok, I'll bite. First off, Miami doesn't have a QB with a winning record in the last 3 years , Baltimore has two. The Ravens weent from PERENNIAL playoff contender to SB favorites with the cahgne at QB. With Schaub traded Boller is probably THE BEST backup QB in all of football. Schaub will embarrass himself in HOU, HUard will show why he was a career back-up, as will Garcia. David Garrard already exposed himself inadequate last year. So here is my sum total. Not only is Boller among the top couple back-ups, there are at least a handful of teams that have NO QB's markedly better then him. Give it up, we are not going to have 2 probowl QB's onone team.

well, I think Garcia could be great, but you have to run the west coast. No west coast, no garcia. He's a system guy.

you may be right about boller being one of the best backups in the NFL this year though we're all hoping Mac9 stays healthy and that doesn't get put to the test.

Um, maybe because NFL QB is the most important position in all of sports. If you don't think so, maybe you should pay attention to what the winningest NFL coach of all time has publicly stated.
    Blah, blah, blah.

I don't know who the fuck you think you are in comparison to the other posters but I understand the game of football better than you. Hell, I EVEN WATCH THE GAMES!

My comment was in regard to the complete waste of time people on both sides of the argument spend trying to convince the other they are right.

Um, back on topic. I would not take Carr. I don't think he'd be an upgrade over what the Ravens currently have.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Whatever Dude. I have only been watching and understanding NFL games since 1964. So you obviously know far more than I no doubt! BTW, if you had seen John Unitas in live action you would laugh your ass off watching Boller. He is the opposite of Johnny in every possible way. Take it from someone who knows.
    I saw Johnny Unitas play, live, in action. I was there when he threw he last TD. I met him on numerous occasions.

Johnny U was a huge Redman fan, what did you think of Redman?

You think you know more than the posters on this board when in fact you are nothing but a hard-headed average football fan in terms of your insights. Other than slamming Boller have yet to read anything else in terms of analysis from you.

Your smugness to knowledge ratio is off the charts, and that's hard to do around here since the top of the charts were set by me.