Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Heroes & Goats (Heimlich Edition)

Personally I think Rocky took more hits when fighting Drago in Rocky IV. I just rewatched it this weekend

Great as usual Brother! By the way, when are you getting off your lazy ass () and getting to a game?

Pretty spot-on this week.

Ladarius Webb had a pretty poor game as well. It seemed that every big play NE had through the air was on his watch.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Forgot about the oob kickoff.

Carr letting that punt in OT bounce another 20 yards was HUGE and should have put him on the goats list for sure.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

5. Re: Heroes & Goats (Heimlich Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Forgot about the oob kickoff.

Carr letting that punt in OT bounce another 20 yards was HUGE and should have put him on the goats list for sure.

- C -
    It seems like we didn't have a punt returner catch a ball in that game, and every bounce seems to go in the Patriots direction. Two punt returns late in the game absolutely flipped the field after bounces.

It may or may not have been the smart thing to do by letting the balls go, but their punter had some good fortune in the bounces pretty much every time last week.

If you checked all the "bad" plays with the kicking game you will see that the wind had a direct impact. It definitely impacted the oob kickoff. Granted the 65 yard punt should have been caught. Unfortunately the Ravens were going into the wind in both the 4th quarter and OT.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Jalen Parmele should have been a goat. He's lucky he has a job today.

Carr letting the punt drop cost us 25 yards...another goat

Marshal Yanda should have gotten HM - he's really playing well.
    Carr's INT kind of evened out the punt drop, or, more accurately, his refusal to field the punt. That's why he was removed from the Heroes list. I only list 5Goats each week, but yeah, Parmele hasn't made a difference since the preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Great, now I'm going to be thinking "Bubba Gump" every time someone mentions Oher.

I just now got used to calling Suggs "T-Sizzle".
    Well with Oher's recent penalties, I guess "Stupid is as Stupid Does..."

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    Personally I think Rocky took more hits when fighting Drago in Rocky IV. I just rewatched it this weekend

Great as usual Brother! By the way, when are you getting off your lazy ass and getting to a game?
    Dolph Lundgren's greatest role..."If he dies, he dies..."
    I'm planning on attending several games in December. DEFINITELY will be at the New Orleans and Cincy games, however The Tampa or Pissburgh game is looking mighty attractive as well. Don't worry, I'll be there for the playoffs too!

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Ladarius Webb had a pretty poor game as well. It seemed that every big play NE had through the air was on his watch.
    Actually, Lardarius would have been the next Goat on my list if I listed more than 5 each week. I must admit that I went a little easy on him given the fact that he's played so well on a reconstructed knee. I don't really expect him to be 100% until the playoffs arrive, but yeah, he stunk up the joint if you don't consider the fact that he often had to defend Branch for 5 to 6 seconds while Brady moved freely with little pressure.

But you all have valid points. There was plenty of SUCK to go round...

If Harbaugh doesn't play Willis against Buffalo for significant minutes, It will prove to me he has been promoted past his competency level.
    Last edited by RAVENOUS52; 10-21-2010 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    It seems like we didn't have a punt returner catch a ball in that game, and every bounce seems to go in the Patriots direction. Two punt returns late in the game absolutely flipped the field after bounces.

It may or may not have been the smart thing to do by letting the balls go, but their punter had some good fortune in the bounces pretty much every time last week.
    Did you or anyone else here see this article on that OT punt? A buddy of mine clued me into it. Amazing conclusion!

Typically, punts from that region of the field net about 39 yards, putting the Ravens at their own 45, and it looked like the Ravens were going to win the field position battle. From there, it only takes one or two first downs to move into striking distance for a game winning FG attempt. When Mesko trotted onto the field, the Patriots' win probability (WP) was 0.33.

Mesko’s punt went for 65 yards, aided by wind and by poor fielding by the Ravens returner. When the ball came to rest on the Baltimore 19 yard line, the Patriots had gained the upper hand with a 0.54 WP. The punt was worth +0.21 Win Probability Added (WPA), an impact extremely rare for a punt that neither results in a long return nor a fumble.
    - C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Did you or anyone else here see this article on that OT punt? A buddy of mine clued me into it. Amazing conclusion!

- C -
    I personally think that if you add in "momentum", the long, unfielded punts were worth more than any statistical formula can measure. Which brings me back to the instruction these dudes are receiving in practice. Special teams should be the least of our worries, given Harbaugh's past.

If Harbaugh doesn't play Willis against Buffalo for significant minutes, It will prove to me he has been promoted past his competency level.[/QUOTE]

Yep with RR questionable this week, Harbs/Cam should dial up a big dose of Willis.