Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Venting and defending my point of view!

I think letting fans vent their anger/frustrations is a good thing. It doesn't mean they think the sky is falling or whatever other cliches the supposedly "level-headed" fans use to attack them.

It accomplishes nothing to try and make them see things your way until their period of grieving/venting is over.

And Lord knows I understand the anger. Our offense folding in the clutch when we clearly had the better team is inexcusable.

But to his credit, this is the first time this season that Harbaugh has made me want to kick his ass. By this time last season he was at least up to 3 or 4!

2. Re: Venting and defending my point of view!

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I think you guys (all the people panicking over that loss) are giving WAY too little credit to the Pats, who are one of the best coached teams with one of the best QBs ever. You're acting like we gave up a 20 point 4th Q lead to someone mediocre like the Dolphins.

- C -
    Well, we were outcoaching and outplaying that great team for 3 quarters. It would be one thing if the Pats simply outplayed us but that is not what happened. Yes, they outcoached us - but only when our offensive coordinator decided to close his own playbook. There was absolutely no reason to go super conservative against the Patriots with only a 10 pt lead with 11 minutes left in the game. Especially considering how quickly they had scored previously. If he wanted to run down the clock, why didn't he use the three headed monster? Why does it seem that he can't scheme against a cover 2 defense? So many questions, yet no answers yet.

And that is what is worrisome - the question isn't about our players - they played pretty well. The question is about our coordinators - more specifically Cam Cameron. While I wasn't thrilled with the 3 man rush or our safeties 20-30 yards back with no Moss (did Mattison get the memo that Moss was traded?) - I feel like Mattison can make adjustments to help the defense improve (as he proved last year with the defense playing much better after the bye then beforehand). Cam's play calling has been questionable for some time now and I don't think that is easily fixed. The mere fact people have mentioned the receivers not getting separation is a HUGE red flag. With our upgraded receiver core, if that is still a problem then it is time to look at other sources of the problem (Cam and/or Flacco) because there is no way only HOF receivers can get separation. We can't go far in the playoffs if we don't have good coaching. We clearly have the skilled players necessary, the question is do we have the coaching to get to the Superbowl? Right now it looks questionable.

Its not about the pats game that this convo is still happening. its about the fact that at the very least the 3 of us know it will happen again... My guess is against saints. or even worse steelers at home. This is one of those masks that the ravens had have for a while that is finally really comming to light. so the Patriots game was the breaking point. Harbs can either learn from it or he wont. time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    So next week when we slaughter the Bills by 30 will ravenjoe be talking about how we're the greatest team ever? I mean, if the quality of opponent you lose to is meaningless, then surely the quality of the teams you beat is meaningless as well right?
    Win or Lose, it's not the quality of the opponent that matters most, but the collective fight the team puts up that is most important! Great teams don't become Great without giving their collective all, 100% of the time, and this includes the decision making on the part of the coaching staff.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton