Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Email from a Ravens fan

Quote Originally Posted by DVGN View Post
    Wait . . . are saying you were angry after we beat the Pittsburgh Steelers?!

We were an incomplete pass or a single stuffed run from beating the New England Patriots on Sunday -- most competitive games come down to such narrow margins of victory or defeat.

Not sure if that was sarcasm or true skepticism. What im saying is that we are one of the elite teams in the league this year.
    a lose to a team that had two weeks to prep for a game at home and still just barley squeak it out in OT, doesn’t call for that kind of rhetoric.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    Not sure if that was sarcasm or true skepticism. What im saying is that we are one of the elite teams in the league this year.
    a lose to a team that had two weeks to prep for a game at home and still just barley squeak it out in OT, doesn’t call for that kind of rhetoric.
    i agree, and I misunderstood your original post.
    "You don't adjust. You just dominate."
    -Al Davis

"I'm a machine, jerk!"
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

WoW - Rave 52 criticizing a coach. I'm just shocked, but he's right-on.

NC - Your friend makes excellent points.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    My bad, I'll put more spaces in it next time so it's nice and pretty for you

His point was not the the Jets were or are Elite because they narrowly beat a Denver team we thrashed.

It was that when they had there backs against the wall.

They went for it all, instead of hoping a a fullback dive would have gotten the first.

But anyway, I posted it because I thought he had some good points.

Particularly the terrible records against good QB's.

I don't agree with the intensity from the team being gone, at least not from the players perspective.

But, I did not ask him to clarify that's what he meant.

I would agree it's not there from the coaches.
    You can look at the team and state of the team in a number of ways and from a number of perspectives. Coaches can only take you so far-you have to have the players. To say that we'll never get there because of our coaching staff sounds to me like the sky is falling kind of talk. In a game like yesterday-and yes-it's only ONE game-there are plenty of breaks that can fall either way and sometimes that's what decides a game.

I mean, you can also look at the Ravens under Harbaugh and marvel at the fact that they've made the playoffs 3 years in a row, have one of the best road playoff records in history.

As far as doing poorly against top QB's-lots of teams do-and that's because they are playing the best QB's. That's like saying that a baseball team is a poor hitting team because they don't do well against Roger Clemens and Randy Johnson.

Not saying the Ravens are perfect, or that I don't want to see improvement, but when you make the playoffs 3 years in a row (and advance every year) I think it's pretty far out there to say "fire the coaching staff."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    WoW - Rave 52 criticizing a coach. I'm just shocked, but he's right-on.

NC - Your friend makes excellent points.
    His assessment is spot on!

At this point, I want to see a different offensive coordinator next year for Joe....to see what Joe is really capable of. While I think Cam had a solid plan throughout the game last night, his overall body of work leaves a lot to be desired. No using of Stallworth to stretch the field. No quick slants. Either Joe can make the plays or he can't. We'll never know with Cam running this offense...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    His assessment is spot on!

At this point, I want to see a different offensive coordinator next year for Joe....to see what Joe is really capable of. While I think Cam had a solid plan throughout the game last night, his overall body of work leaves a lot to be desired. No using of Stallworth to stretch the field. No quick slants. Either Joe can make the plays or he can't. We'll never know with Cam running this offense...
    I think the one we threw to Heap against the Chiefs was the first time I 've seen that throw.

I agree, I want a new coordinator to see what Joe can do. I mean look at Mark Clayton what a good coordinator did and made use of his talents.

I think Cam is a good guy and not a bad coordinator but he ain't good one either, I'd say he's okay.

It's got to be sort of justice for your friend that many of the things in his email that he was trashed for seemed to be pretty dead on in the end.