Who still thinks HEEEAP is done???

Still one of my all time favorite RAVENS. The guy always does what's asked of him and never complains. He has become a more complete TE over recent years. Not only can he still bring in the catches and take the hits, but he has had some key blocks this year which helped us win some games (Shitsburgh).

I loved it when they said his return was questionable and then seconds later you hear, "Heap is in motion."

The guy proved his toughness today.
    Boh

Blog Entries

Re: Who still thinks HEEEAP is done???

I dont think his toughness has ever been questioned. some people have said he is injury prone but I don't agree with that. Sure he has been hurt but he has played through it and made plays for us when he is called upon. I think he plays one more year afer this than retires as a Raven then goes into the Ring Of Honor.

Done, NO.
    Last Season here? Maybe
    Overpaid? Yes

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Done, NO.
    Last Season here? Maybe
    Overpaid? Yes
    All players are overpaid so let's cut that crap out!

Heap is finally healthy and he is showing why he is a great TE. He is a complete TE in that he can catch and block. He is also an outstanding person which is just icing on the cake.

There were several people questioning his toughness. Why I will never understand. He got the crap beat out of him for several years. I also find it amusing that the same people who said he wasn't tough are probably the same people that start crying over a hang nail!

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    All players are overpaid so let's cut that crap out!

Heap is finally healthy and he is showing why he is a great TE. He is a complete TE in that he can catch and block. He is also an outstanding person which is just icing on the cake.

There were several people questioning his toughness. Why I will never understand. He got the crap beat out of him for several years. I also find it amusing that the same people who said he wasn't tough are probably the same people that start crying over a hang nail!
    Ok let me re-phrase, because I see what you mean.

Overpaid compared to his peers. He's near top of the league salarywise, and not close talent and production wise anymore.
    I wouldn't question his toughness, as he is a "soldier" that lays it out there, but the man has stayed hurt throughout his career. You even mention it in your previous paragraph. He's played through many of these injuries, and hasn't many other times.

6. Re: Who still thinks HEEEAP is done???

He's going to be done soon if Flacco throws a couple more Boller-style "buddy" passes to him. He got killed a couple times yesterday, and we know his body can't handle that.

Overpaid compared to his peers. He's near top of the league salarywise, and not close talent and production wise anymore.
    OK, that's your opinion and I respect it. Personally I think a person is worth what his employer thinks he is worth. Plus I would add that talent and production is not the only factors in somebody's salary, especially in football when you can have a tremendous affect on the team as a leader (amongst other things.)

Blog Entries

When the min wage is $280,000 in any business, that's over payment.

Even the guys on the practice squad get $60-70,000 pr yr just for
    practicing.

We said the new weapons would get Heap open and they have. He'll
    be here as long as they will and Joe isn't leaving his back out to
    hang like Boller. They are pin point passes in front and Heap is
    catching them in stride the way receivers love it.

Blog Entries

He's played through many of these injuries, and hasn't many other times.
    He has played full seasons in 7 of 10 years hes been a pro and one of those years was his rookie year when he was learning behind sharp. He plays through injuries and plays pretty well