Post Colts Heritage Gets Jolted by Unitas Management Corp

Given some recent developments, I think that it's important to clear up a few things regarding coltsheritage.com.

The site is exclusively funded by 24x7 Network, LLC and D3 Corp. It is a 100% philanthropic effort born out of a collective sense of civic pride and love for Baltimore's Football Heritage. Not only do we not make money on the site, we are giving of our time and money to make it happen without knowing if we will succeed or fail.

Despite the Unitas family's support (via their signatures on the petition...even one from Johnny's granddaughter), we are being told (via a cease and desist order) to remove the image and likeness of Johnny U from coltsheritage.com by CMG Worldwide, Inc., (“CMG”), the worldwide licensing and legal representative for Unitas Management Corp. which is run by John Unitas, Jr.

Some of you may recall the Unitas We Stand song that was recorded by Tony Sciuto a couple of years back which was funded by the great folks of Ravens Roost 50. The proceeds of the CD sales were to benefit the children of the Ed Block Courgage Foundation. Unitas Management Corp squelched that despite the support of Sandra Unitas and her tears that the song evoked.

We'll continue on....but we hope that the community rallies around us even more. I know the Unitas family supports us...they've told us first hand and they acknowledge that Johnny would fully support us as well!

We hope you do to.

Our resolve has been tested yet strengthened!

Re: Colts Heritage Gets Jolted by Unitas Management Corp

If Unitas Management is run by John Unitas Jr., why would he have an issue with a website that honors his Dad's wishes not to be associated with the Irsay franchise in Indy? There must be another reason.

He believes we are making money on the site and therefore he should share in the profits. This is a not for profit effort with only expenses. We would be happy to share those but he isn't interested in that.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Given some recent developments, I think that it's important to clear up a few things regarding coltsheritage.com.

The site is exclusively funded by 24x7 Network, LLC and D3 Corp. It is a 100% philanthropic effort born out of a collective sense of civic pride and love for Baltimore's Football Heritage. Not only do we not make money on the site, we are giving of our time and money to make it happen without knowing if we will succeed or fail.

Despite the Unitas family's support (via their signatures on the petition...even one from Johnny's granddaughter), we are being told (via a cease and desist order) to remove the image and likeness of Johnny U from coltsheritage.com by CMG Worldwide, Inc., (“CMG”), the worldwide licensing and legal representative for Unitas Management Corp. which is run by John Unitas, Jr.

Some of you may recall the Unitas We Stand song that was recorded by Tony Sciuto a couple of years back which was funded by the great folks of Ravens Roost 50. The proceeds of the CD sales were to benefit the children of the Ed Block Courgage Foundation. Unitas Management Corp squelched that despite the support of Sandra Unitas and her tears that the song evoked.

We'll continue on....but we hope that the community rallies around us even more. I know the Unitas family supports us...they've told us first hand and they acknowledge that Johnny would fully support us as well!

We hope you do to.

Our resolve has been tested yet strengthened!
    I'm very, very sorry that John Jr. has taking this stance. The Baltimore Colts were Johnny Unitas' life. When the Baltimore Colts were taken away from us in the middle of the night I know personally that John Unitas' heart was broken for all the fans of Baltimore. John and I talked several times how bad this was for the true fans of Baltimore and real fans of the NFL. All John's personal things were suppose to go to the University of Louisville however when he learned Baltimore wanted the items for the Sports Legends Museum he turned over everything to Baltimore including the bed he was born in. Need I say more where Johnny's heart was.

Cool Re: Colts Heritage Gets Jolted by Unitas Management Corp

Johnny Unitas was in fact a Baltimore guy. As an old guy, I have spent many hours in his presence at his restaurant on York Road where I frequented, at Ball games, at training camp, etc. I have lots of pics of Johnny and my kids.

It is very hard to understand how/why his son of Unitas Management Inc. wants to act this way. Why is he so untrusting, we would all ask. Johnny U. was the pride of baltimore football and otherwise. He was a great guy and became a Baltimore legend.

These actions of his son to limit the connection is not smart. If it is money he is concerned about, he could find ways to benefit from these actions financially, even though the producers of the material do not.

I'm looking at his pic on my office wall at home as I type this.

Go Baltimore Colts

:usa: