Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post ColtsHeritage.com Gets Jolt From Unitas Management Corp!

Given some recent developments, I think that it's important to clear up a few things regarding coltsheritage.com.

The site is exclusively funded by 24x7 Network, LLC and D3 Corp. It is a 100% philanthropic effort born out of a collective sense of civic pride and love for Baltimore's Football Heritage. Not only do we not make money on the site, we are giving of our time and money to make it happen without knowing if we will succeed or fail.

Despite the Unitas family's support (via their signatures on the petition...even one from Johnny's granddaughter), we are being told (via a cease and desist order) to remove the image and likeness of Johnny U from coltsheritage.com by CMG Worldwide, Inc., (“CMG”), the worldwide licensing and legal representative for Unitas Management Corp. which is run by John Unitas, Jr.

Some of you may recall the Unitas We Stand song that was recorded by Tony Sciuto a couple of years back which was funded by the great folks of Ravens Roost 50. The proceeds of the CD sales were to benefit the children of the Ed Block Courgage Foundation. Unitas Management Corp squelched that despite the support of Sandra Unitas and her tears that the song evoked.

We'll continue on....but we hope that the community rallies around us even more. I know the Unitas family supports us...they've told us first hand and they acknowledge that Johnny would fully support us as well!

We hope you do to.

Our resolve has been tested yet strengthened!

Blog Entries

Re: ColtsHeritage.com Gets Jolt From Unitas Management Corp!

I'm waiting for the Edgar Allan Poe Society to call....
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

If Johnny Unitas Jr. runs the Management Corp. , and he supports Colts Heritage, why cant he just call off the dogs and let you guys use Johnny U's image??
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Everyone in the Unitas family but John, Jr. supports the effort. He and the rest of the family have had their share of past legal battles and the relationship could be characterized as estranged.

That sucks, the $$ has gone to his head then. b/c Im pretty sure he knows that that is what his father would have wanted.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

In other words, as great as his father was, Jr. is a ASSHOLE!
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

TL, sorry to hear about this. I'm sure johnny wouldnt have wanted it this way. I agree with 52, Jr is an ass
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

No worries guys....this has only strengthened our resolve and hopefully your resolve to support coltsheritage.com

Once we resolve the issues, we'll issue a press release to explain. Maybe someone will be embarrassed...

It's hard for me to see the rationale by JU Jr. other than money.

Certainly his father wanted his history where it rightfully belongs.

There's got to be more to this. Maybe John Jr. has been advised that if he lets coltsheritage get away with it (using his father's image), then he has to let everybody get away with it (like the Irsays).

BTW, on the page where I signed (high 400's i think), i thought I saw a favorable comment by John Unitas Jr. Could it be that signature and comment was bogus?

EDIT: Sorry, i just checked the petition and it was Joe Unitas, signature #403.

Dang. Wuzupp with John?

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    It's hard for me to see the rationale by JU Jr. other than money.

Certainly his father wanted his history where it rightfully belongs.
    Yeah, it's sadly ironic that the entity that is in charge of protecting the Unitas legacy would have a problem with a movement that is aimed at further protecting and preserving that same legacy.

Go figure.......... :grbac:
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Carefull B-more raver, or jr may come after you for your sig line!
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!