Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ray Dance to Return This Week?

Rav -- I thought you would give thumbs up to the dance. :)
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"

Honest truth, fellas, my brother in law is an Eagles season ticket holder but he comes to some Ravens games when he can make it and he told me there is nothing....NOTHING like seeing Ray come out! It gives him chills to hear the crowd ramp up and go bullstein........just thought you might want to know out of towners love it as well.....

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreRon
    Rav -- I thought you would give thumbs up to the dance. :)
    Well Ron, what can I say?!!:D

Ironically, with all of the hub-bub over Ray's Dance this past summer, I have vowed to never again perform the dance at Ravens tailgates, lest my body be cast into the infinite void of the Phantom Zone by Admin Steve and Baltimore Gerg...

What the hell is Zod?

Anyhoo . . . I prefer anything but the dance but that's because I'm still pissed at Ray and his little hissy fit at the end of the year and during the off season. I know I'm in a minority . . . that's okay. I'll deal with whatever.

Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

5. Re: Ray Dance to Return This Week?

They ought to introduce the D-fence with Ray Ray's dance first, then introduce the newest member of the Ravens.....Steve McNair and the Baltimore Ravens Offense comes running out behind him.......The dance has to happen The crowd gets jacked when Ray does the dance The whole offense will deserve to be announced after they prove they can git-er-done after a few games

Quote Originally Posted by ladyraven127
    What the hell is Zod?
    Zod is the undisputed ruler of the planet "Houston"...

Masterfully portrayed by the actor Terrance Stamp, I might add!

Until this team get's a little more credibility under it's belt (The win was great, but it was one win, and we're coming off of a sub-par season), the Ravens should stick to the Team-based introductions. No sense in all this swagger-stuff until we prove that we're dominant week-in and week-out.

As far as firing the stadium up. I'm going to get fired up when any Ravens are introduced. I like the team idea, and I liked how sharp the Ravens were against the Bucs. They played as a team. Be introduced as one too.

8. Re: Ray Dance to Return This Week?

Not all the fans like that dance. But that isn't my problem. My problem is making a decision not to, and then changing your mind before even 1 home game.
    Last edited by BertJonesMyHero; 09-15-2006 at 12:17 AM.

Thats b/c we kick ass again

10. Re: Ray Dance to Return This Week?

Well- I know my take won't be popular, but at least one or two people should say it.lol I think many people that don't like all the field dancing just keep their mouth shut. And I usually do when it comes to the dance because it is not a big deal. But again, after what went down this off season, it's the quick hook I take issue with. And dancing when you are 6-10 is just bad form.

I'd rather see a big to do made about McNair and the O personally. This is a new era. Then if you want to bring the dance back by popular demand, do it the second home game.

EDIT: If he does dance, at least the UK crew will be there to witness.
    Last edited by BertJonesMyHero; 09-15-2006 at 12:22 AM.

Could not think of a worse idea, that will take us back to the "me first" approach of the last 2 seasons. Just when we were getting beyond that

At least start with the offense this week and ask Ray to cool the dance == there are more leaders now on the team than just Ray and if he is treated above the rest , the team chemistry will suffer.

Wow, did their heads fit through the plane door on the way back from Tampa? Sure it was a great game, but it seems a bit soon to be going to the old "me first" Ravens. Ray shit on this organization last season, while the rest of the D continued to give 100%.

If they want to go to individual introductions, then fine, but no dancing. 31 other NFL teams seem to have no problem getting their fans and team pumped up without any dance routines. A few of those teams have even won multiple Superbowls without it.