Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ray Dance to Return This Week?

According to the Sun, it's looking more and more likely http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...ports-football

Ravens coach Brian Billick is expected to talk to the team's veterans this week about how to handle pre-game introductions for Sunday's home opener.

During the preseason, the Ravens were introduced as a team. But there has been a welling of support for individual introductions because the players feel that they create more energy inside the stadium.

If the team reverts to individual introductions, it is expected that middle linebacker Ray Lewis will resume his traditional dance.

I hope so. After last week's performance the introduction of the starting defense would likely take the roof off the stadium. If we had one. I also believe it would not adversely affect team chemistry, but rather cement it with an electric atmosphere and the whole crowd getting behind the team.
    Last edited by FellsPointRaven; 09-14-2006 at 09:54 AM.

Re: Ray Dance to Return This Week?

Good!!!! I never wanted the dance to stop anyway. I don't care if people think Ray is not the same player he once was. Hell, most of us adults are not better than when we were younger. He always pumped up the stadium. I am sure there will be 15-25% who don't like it but screw them. The other 50,000 people will scream for them.

Great news. We need ray out there getting the troops fired up.

Go to work General

God Bless Ray Lewis and Steve McNair

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Ray dance fan, but I think this week should be McNair's week. Introduce the offense, and let Steve be the last person introduced. It's his first game in his new stadium, in front of his new fans, so what better time to do it? It will still pump up the crowd.

Next home game, when the team returns at 3-0 (knock on wood), and a strong defensive effort will be needed (to stop LT), let Ray do his thing.

JMHO
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"

I'm ambivalent about the dance as long as the other players are cool with it.

I like individual intros, though. And I am looking forward the Bruce asking us to give a big Baltimore welcome to Steve McNair. That's gonna be sweet!

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

maybe we should have McNair be the first guy to come out. We're still focusing on him, because he's LEADING the team onto the field. Then we can still let Ray have the closing spot.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Come to think of it having Mcnair walk out last may be a better way to go. We need to welcome him to the Ravens Properly. Good Idea guys.

Introduce the offense then Ray as defensive player of the week
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

Quote Originally Posted by braven98
    Introduce the offense then Ray as defensive player of the week
    Even better idea! That way, on top of the huge cheer for 'The savior', Ray does his thing. The hairs are already standing up on the back of my neck.
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"

Hell, just intro them both. Start a few minutes earlier then usual :)

I don't like the idea of introducing the offense and then introducing just Ray. Ray was the defensive player of the week, but he didn't get the shutout alone. Unless the rest of the starting defense is 100% ok with it.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Blog Entries

In the chat with Aaron last night (transcript should be up presently) he indicated that the team was aware of the fans' desire to see the dance.

Aaron: I've heard everything from individual introductions to team-only variations. Personally, I prefer the team-only ones, but my understanding is the team has heard the outcry from the majority of fans who enjoyed Ray Lewis' colorful display.

So we will see.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven
    Come to think of it having Mcnair walk out last may be a better way to go. We need to welcome him to the Ravens Properly. Good Idea guys.

I'm glad they are bringing back individual intros and hopefully "the dance". It is trademark Baltimore. McNair needs to be introduced and get his official regular season welcome.