Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Ray Dance to Return This Week?

Casey from WNST just said that some players went to management and said they dont like the whole "team" intros.They said that they dont get the same reaction from the fans that the individuals did,and the energy wasnt there.He also said Ray will dance again,but when is the question and when he asked ray about it he gave him the old "wink and a nod"

If I'm not mistaken, (and I'm not), the TEAM requested individual intros return after noticing the less-than-enthusiastic response of the fans during preseason. The TEAM is also in support of Ray's Dance because as their undisputed leader he fires them up and they draw from his energy and passion...

I've personally witnessed the effect #52 has on his teammates when I was on the Ravens sideline before, during and after an ESPN Sunday night game I attended when I was still living in St. Louis. It was awe-inspiring. The confidence and high level of accountability Ray instills in his fellow Ravens (especially his "backers") merely through his own passion and example is what sparked the BEST DEFENSE EVER for a single season. Ray had a vision, expressed it to his team before the season and told them to jump on his back and ride with him... Little has changed since then... Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52
    If I'm not mistaken, (and I'm not), the TEAM requested individual intros return after noticing the less-than-enthusiastic response of the fans during preseason. The TEAM is also in support of Ray's Dance because as their undisputed leader he fires them up and they draw from his energy and passion...

I've personally witnessed the effect #52 has on his teammates when I was on the Ravens sideline before, during and after an ESPN Sunday night game I attended when I was still living in St. Louis. It was awe-inspiring. The confidence and high level of accountability Ray instills in his fellow Ravens (especially his "backers") merely through his own passion and example is what sparked the BEST DEFENSE EVER for a single season. Ray had a vision, expressed it to his team before the season and told them to jump on his back and ride with him... Little has changed since then... Let's Dance!
    I agree. The players want the indiviual intros and so do most of the people. As far as Ray dancing, I don't think he should this week simply because I think it is the offense's turn to get introduced to a standing O.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Could not think of a worse idea, that will take us back to the "me first" approach of the last 2 seasons. Just when we were getting beyond that
    Wasn't the dance being done back in 2000? I thought so.

How are individual introductions "me-first" attitude? This is pre-game, not during the game. The individual introductions stem from a purely strategic viewpoint: The players feel they pump up the crowd more which feeds back down to the players. If introducing them individually pumps them up even more, why not do it? As long as they are one team during the game, that's all that should matter.

Introducing the team as a whole does nothing for me. It takes a whole 30 seconds and then its down. With the individual intros the crowd starts at the same level as if the whole team was introduced but the crowd crescendos with each subsequent player being announced until we are at a complete frenzy. Even if Ray is not allowe dto do his dance, i would still like to see them all introduced individually.

I echo the sentiments of my main man/meteorologist, Kev!!

I have no problem with the individual introductions -- and I love the theme to Gladiator -- its the focus on Ray at the end.

One of the problems in the 04 / 05 season was that individual players started to focus on their accomplishments (in part, I think led by Ray's example). You would see Suggs and Reed look at themselves on the video screen at the Vault and try to do things to cause attention to themselves.

In the 2000 season, the dynamics were different -- Ray was the younger player and the older players, e.g., Woodson / Sharpe supported him as a mentor.

Now that he's the older player and there are additional emerging leaders -- such as Reed and McNair -- in my opinion the focus cannot be exclusively on Ray. The dance contributes to that. I think a lot of problems with the team chemistry was that those additional leaders haven't had enough chance to emerge. Ray's got to show a little humility and lead with a different approach -- just like Billick's being asked to lead with a different approach.

You cannot just dial the clock back and assume its 2000 zbzin. You can take some elements but this is quite a different team. Its laughable already how some of the national writers are saying this is the most functional offense that the Ravens have had since 2000. This offense has the potential to be an order of magnitude better!! We all know that the 2000 offense wasn't very consistent or functional (e.g., the touchdown drought of 3 games) -- rather it had the knack of making the big play when it counted.

Thank God the Offense was Introduced. I love Ray but lets get the team concept going. It was really neat introducing 2 TE's an d (I believe) 2 FB's