Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Key to Sunday against the Raiders: humility?

I was listening to the radio this morning, and after hearing the 83rd report of the Raiders being written off and the Ravens being so celebrated, I'm honestly getting a bit worried...

I think the Raiders are a team falling apart, but there's still some decent players there. Warren Sapp has definitley been on the decline, but he's a monster DT. don't forget Derrick Burgess and Michael Huff on that D too. Randy Moss isn't a fun guy to face, regardless if a bad QB is throwing to him. Lamont Jordan and Aaron Brooks may not be premier guys at their positions, but both can make some plays. Basically, they do have the potential if things start clicking to put up some pressure...

Now, don't get me wrong, I know the Ravens can handle all this. BUT, I'm worried we're going to let this notion that we're facing a gimme win go to our heads, which can be REAL dangerous if things start clicking, because we'll be off our guard. I'm just hoping the Ravens try to forget what happened in Week 1 on both sides, and treat this like we're playing the AFC Championship game of 2000 all over again. Treat this team like they can do some damage, and I think our natural talent will prevail.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Key to Sunday against the Raiders: humility?

Two words -- HOME OPENER. The Ravens will be fired up for this game. There's no way they take the Raiders lightly, no matter how bad they looked on Monday night. I don't think they need to be humble exactly, but they need to come out as focused as they were in Tampa. If they come out with that same intensity, they should crush the Raiders like a grape.

If it weren't the home opener, I might be worried that they'd overlook the Raiders, but I don't see that happening. Billick seems to have instilled a one-game-at-a-time mentality in them. I hope they can keep that attitude up all year long.

I feel like I say this at least 3 times a year but hre we go again:

It does not matter if we fans are taking this game lightly, we do not play! No NFL team would ever take any opponent lightly, including the Ravens. I am 99.9% sure the Ravens are approaching the game like they are facing any other opponent they play.

If you saw the ravens comments after practice yesterday you wouldnt be worried.They were all saying how last week means nothing and they have another NFL team to go out there and beat this week,and every team in the NFL comes to play.Just the mentality they need going into this game.

The Ravens will be ready for this one. They know how important it would be to start off 2-0. I want another shutout.

GO RAVENS

Section 138 are you ready ?? :hammer: :hammer:

Two words -- HOME OPENER.
    I know that this is true, but keep in mind that Tampa was playing in their home opener last week.

HTML Code:
    The Ravens will be ready for this one. They know how important it would be to start off 2-0. I want another shutout.
    A shutout would be nice but I will settle for the win. There is no way the Ravens take this team lightly. This team is fired up and ready to kick some Raider ass.

If any team upsets us soon it will be the Browns.

yeah but were better then them,

mobtown oyu probably think nyour being a realist, but it seems like your more of a glass half emty person everytime someone mentions something good about the ravens.

whAt gives?

I refuse to believe that with the number of awesome leaders we have in the locker room-- on both sides of the ball-- that a letdown is coming this weekend...

"Fate is on the RAVENS' side!!"

I know this board monitors negative posts pretty strictly so I hope I am not stepping out of line here. I just keep thinking of the trip we made to Oakland in 2003. Granted Radio was the QB and Steve McNair is head and shoulders above radio. But I do think the Ravens players on that particular day did think all they had to do was march out on the field and the game was over.

Intensity is the key. If they play with the intensity and grit they had in Tampa, I dont think the Raiders can match it. And while the Raiders do have talant on offense and defense, they have yet to show they can play together and translate the talent to points and wins. But as we all know too well anything can happen.

Also the Tampa win should serve to give this team confidence in themselves and for eachother that they can beat a very good team on the road. Many of the current Ravens players haven't experianced a win like that. When they play together as a team and cover for eachother they will be hard to beat by anyone.

I thin, some of my fellow fans aren't quite used to winning yet.

Why is it that everyone trys to find something that is going to do us in? We just kicked the shit out of an 11-5 playoff team on the road. You think these guys arent ready to play a scrubalicious Raiders squad? They are, they want to stomp these guys, and believe me, they will.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

I know this board monitors negative posts pretty strictly so I hope I am not stepping out of line here.
    I think you've got the wrong idea. If being negative means stating something that isn't rah-rah Ravens are the greatest: you're way off base. Notwithstanding our giddiness of the road skunking of the Bucs, there is the reality that this is the NFL, where a matter of inches often decide games. There's nothing wrong with being realistic, and I don't recall anyone's posts ever getting whacked or edited for expressing a conservative position. Or, conversely, an overenthusiastic one.

Where I think you will find this board being more closely monitored than its predecessor will be with regard to the personal insults that may follow between those who express differing opinions.

mobtown oyu probably think nyour being a realist, but it seems like your more of a glass half emty person everytime someone mentions something good about the ravens.

whAt gives?
    How about, not worry about which half of the glass anyone falls in. Please stick to debating the team, not the other debaters. Thanks.