Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Ravens @ Patriots:Predict the Score

Pats - 24
    Ravens -17

The facts are the facts.

- Patriots coming off their bye.
    - Ravens playing their 4th road game in 6 games.
    - Ravens have yet to score more than 17 on the road.

Unless Tom Brady just doesn't show up for the game, I don't know that we pull this one off. And that's fine because after that we have the Bills at home, then the bye, then the return of Ed Reed and Dante Stallworth. So coming out of that stretch 5-2 will put us in good position for a stretch run to the divison.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    I don't disagree the pass rush has been lacking, but have you seen this NE D it is awful. They may have one of the worst secondaries in the league. While I think we will win, i would not be shocked by a loss to a good team on the road, I just don't see how that D will force any turnovers.
    Actually I haven't seen one Pats game this year. My thinking is that Brady and the Pats offense will score points and the Ravens will have to throw a lot to stay in front or keep up and Flacco will put the ball in their hands. Sorry to say that but pocket awareness and throwing INT's are IMO the weakest part of Flacco's game. I believe he will get better and I hope it's this week, but I believe it will be the Ravens undoing this week.

Quote Originally Posted by RavNMadMan View Post
    Re: Justin Bieber. You must be referring to diminutive Danny Woodhead or the semi-beatles, semi-bowl, Bieb-looking cut that Tammy Bundchen is sporting these days
    You got it.

Re: the Pats record coming off the bye week, as has been previously stated, it's easy to have a great record after the bye when you're playing the Bills. We aren't Buffalo.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

Quote Originally Posted by RockGod View Post
    I'm not feeling good about this game. Our pass rush sucks and Brady doesn’t really need a whole lot of time to get rid of the ball. This will actually be the first week the Ravens have faced a consistently good qb and all that worrying about our secondary could be exposed this week. Orton completed some big gains against us and he's at best a middle of the pack qb.

I think it will be a high scoring game but I think Flacco and the offense turn the ball over too much and lose the game.
    Even though this game scares me I will defend the Secondary like I have been doing since before the season started. Our secondary works well as a unit! Yes we gave up two cheap TDs to Denver (OK, one was a good pass by Orton and a fantastic catch by Lloyd. The problem is Brady has torched many good secondarys in his career.

All I am saying is that it will not surprise me one bit if we lose. That being said I agree with that we will be fine even if we do lose.

5. Re: Ravens @ Patriots:Predict the Score

The Ravens are definitely one of the best teams in the NFL but I'm going with the Patriots off of the bye 27-24. One of the Ravens' weaknesses is covering tight ends and the Pats will have a lot of 3 TE sets. Also to spread the field they'll also have 5 receiver sets with the TEs lining up outside....

Quote Originally Posted by Patsrock! View Post
    The Ravens are definitely one of the best teams in the NFL but I'm going with the Patriots off of the bye 27-24. One of the Ravens' weaknesses is covering tight ends and the Pats will have a lot of 3 TE sets. Also to spread the field they'll also have 5 receiver sets with the TEs lining up outside....
    Weakness is covering the TE? See the Jets, Cinci, and Steeler games. In all three the TE were a non-factor. I would mention the Bronco game, but they didn't throw to the TE, so not worth mentioning. I hope that your TE's don't remember Ray Lewis and the D. Keller thumper, cause they may end up highlights on sportscenter if they come over the middle. Also you hear about your TEs, but our team is so deep that you dont even realize that we have two young high profile TE's of our own besides Todd Heap. Haven't seen them huh? Well guess what, Im sure your team hasn't planned for that either. Pick your poison. We have three WRs, three RBs, and three TE's that we can use in our offense. Our O -line is close to tops, and our defense is #3 in the league. Not much going for ya there.

You talk about spreading us out, that is actually a strength now with about 4 pretty even CBs, a couple backup safeties (who could start for 3/4s of the league), and LB's who fly to the ball. Again, this comes down to the Brady factor and our own mistakes for us to lose this game. Oh and we can now win shootouts too. Goodluck!

Note: Forgive my homerism as the Pats will be our toughest test thus far as a defense.