Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: THE OFFICIAL: Ravens fan friendly bars thread outside of Baltimore

We were thinking of starting one here in PCB, but don't have 25 members. I'd say about 15 or so right now.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    We were thinking of starting one here in PCB, but don't have 25 members. I'd say about 15 or so right now.
    I have been wanting to start one here in Breckenridge, CO too but we don't have 25 that live here year-round.

Some advice from someone who just started a fan group ....

I'd go ahead and start one even if you do not have the required number for a roost / nest.

One little $75 Facebook add and I found over 200 folks in the Houston Area that liked the fan page. Last three games, we had a showing of 15-20 each game.

As we go on through the season, we seem to pick up more folks along the way and we are going to be at 25 very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    How come the Roosts / Nests shy away from out of state fan groups?

I know of two in TX as well as one in Los Angeles.
    The Council of Ravens Roosts requires the individual Roost Presidents (or an alternate) to attend monthly Council meetings at the KofC in Catonsville. The by laws state that if a Roost misses 3 Council meetings they could theoretiically be put out of the Council. Of course they are very lenient with this and allow excusals etc, but they need the Prez or a rep to attend meetings fairly regularly.

Also, the Roost membership procedures require a Council rep to actually attend a prospective Roost's meetings 1-2 times before making a reccomendation for acceptance.

The whole idea behind the Roosts is to have a real precense year around with real people in the community, not an internet or long distance club like the Browns Backers or the 49ers that rarely get together. It's all about the fans having fun together. To do that a group simply needs a rep close enough to Bmore to attend meetings, but also make every effort to have folks attend the Roosts events during the year.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

I'm a member of Northern Virginia/DC Metro Area Ravens meetup group and we started out with 4 people watching a preseason game this year at a bar in Arlington, VA and are up to 47 Ravens Fans in which 16 showed up for our second regular season meetup in DC at Buffalo Billiards last Sunday.

The groups leaders Steve and Rick, have learned that not all who register will or will not RSVP and attend the events.

The meet and greet home game events at Mothers have not been popular, possibly to the fact that most season ticket holders tailgate somehwere else, but the 2 road game viewing events have been very sucessful and the group may stay at Buffalo Billiards as we got our game with sound last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr OC View Post
    Hey, that's great to hear! Now I can go back there.
    Yep. I had wrote that place off as well. I even knew of some people who refused to have their wedding receptions there because of the inbred presence!
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightman View Post
    I'm a member of Northern Virginia/DC Metro Area Ravens meetup group and we started out with 4 people watching a preseason game this year at a bar in Arlington, VA and are up to 47 Ravens Fans in which 16 showed up for our second regular season meetup in DC at Buffalo Billiards last Sunday.

The groups leaders Steve and Rick, have learned that not all who register will or will not RSVP and attend the events.

The meet and greet home game events at Mothers have not been popular, possibly to the fact that most season ticket holders tailgate somehwere else, but the 2 road game viewing events have been very sucessful and the group may stay at Buffalo Billiards as we got our game with sound last week.
    Hey, I will have to be in DC on 11/6 and my boss and I need someplace to watch the Ravens/Squeelers game where I will not get locked up! :) Where will you guys be? I'll be at a conference at the Washington Hilton. Distance for me?

Thanks,
    Jessica
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

8. Re: THE OFFICIAL: Ravens fan friendly bars thread outside of Baltimore

Does anyone have any suggestions for the Great State of Maine?

Quote Originally Posted by octscotts View Post
    Hey, I will have to be in DC on 11/6 and my boss and I need someplace to watch the Ravens/Squeelers game where I will not get locked up! :) Where will you guys be? I'll be at a conference at the Washington Hilton. Distance for me?

Thanks,
    Jessica
    Jessica,

You can click on this link to find out where we will be.

I may try to be there, but I gotta get up at 6 in the morning to go to work on Monday as it will be a Sunday Night game.

I suggest you check back with the website to find out what bar we are having the meetup the week before the Squeeler game.
    Last edited by Nightman; 09-30-2011 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Fixing info

Quote Originally Posted by Nightman View Post
    Jessica,

You can click on this link to find out where we will be.

I may try to be there, but I gotta get up at 6 in the morning to go to work on Monday as it will be a Sunday Night game.

I suggest you check back with the website to find out what bar we are having the meetup the week before the Squeeler game.

Will do. Thanks for the heads up. There will be 3 of us definitely, maybe one more if she gets to DC in time.

11. Re: THE OFFICIAL: Ravens fan friendly bars thread outside of Baltimore

Old thread, but thought I'd make an update...

Fans in San Francisco (Ravens in the Fog) now meet at:

Thieves Tavern
    496 14th St (between Guerrero St & Valencia St)
    San Francisco, CA

It's a neighborhood dive bar, but they have 2 Large HD TV's, 1 Projection screen, and amplify the game sound.

They even play M&T style tunes on the jukebox before the game, and the bartender makes OldBay Bloody Mary's.

Here's more detail on the group... http://www.facebook.com/ravensinthefog

Blog Entries

The Noizy Oyster in Myrtle Beach is all purple all the time. Great bar, Maryland style crabcakes as well as steamed crabs.