Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Heroes & Goats (Inbred Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Yeah there's a lot of praise to go around and even my "Goats" for the week didn't really commit unpardonable offenses...

All around there usually isn't much to be upset about after you've gone into the lion's den and walk out with its head on the end of your spear...
    Yup. The Goats each seemed like a stretch, but if that's the price we have to pay for a complete team win, that's ok.

Your Goats photo, though, is one for the ages.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Your Goats photo, though, is one for the ages.
    :word

LOVE that pic!

Yeah Cundiff as a goat is a bit of a stretch. I think all kickers struggle in that stadium, especially in the open end zone.

The only Goat I was actually really not happy with this week is Zibby... We need to remove him from punt return duties and get somebody with energy and speed to run those things back.

Glad you cats enjoyed this somewhat... I am in no way attempting to be perfect when I type this up and I try to leave room for you to voice your disagreements and make your own points or lists the way you see it.

Props to my main man Kev for the Ice-T shout out and no Darb, I don't think the RCB has escaped the den of inequity at Hank's house...

I would add Ray Rice to the Honorable Mentions (no, I'm not just saying that 'cause I like him, well, maybe I am a little ). He got a key block on Timmons on the winning TD drive.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravengirl View Post
    I would add Ray Rice to the Honorable Mentions (no, I'm not just saying that 'cause I like him, well, maybe I am a little ). He got a key block on Timmons on the winning TD drive.
    No Honorable Mention for Ray Rice this week. Forget about your crush on him and try to be objective for once, Lady!!

No Honorable Mention for Ray Rice this week. Forget about your crush on him and try to be objective for once, Lady!!
    I am being objective. Check out some of the videos in the other threads on this pages. Even some of the commentors mentioned it. So there. :p :p
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravengirl View Post
    I am being objective. Check out some of the videos in the other threads on this pages. Even some of the commentors mentioned it. So there. :p :p
    He did a great job of blocking, but he's done that every game this season. I'll wait until he's blocking and running for significant yards and then I'll designate him a Hero. Fair enough?

How about honorable mention for Jameel McClain? No one play stands out, but he turned in the best performance of any ILB not named Lewis in the first quarter of the season, imho.

He did a great job of blocking, but he's done that every game this season. I'll wait until he's blocking and running for significant yards and then I'll designate him a Hero. Fair enough?
    Deal.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

I'd give a pass on Zibby for goat. I just don't think he has the quickness and elusiveness to be a good punt returner. I don't see that as his fault, its the coaches that keep putting him back there. If anyone is a goat, its the special teams coach for doing that.
    Oher played a solid game against one of the best rushing linebackers in football. I'd hesitate to put him on the list. All in all it was a solid team performance. Im concerned about the rushing offense though, not many holes being created or a good push backward in any game I've seen.
    Section 103 Row 7

Quote Originally Posted by YRKPARAVEN View Post
    I'd give a pass on Zibby for goat. I just don't think he has the quickness and elusiveness to be a good punt returner. I don't see that as his fault, its the coaches that keep putting him back there. If anyone is a goat, its the special teams coach for doing that.
    It seems the coaches are valuing ball security over the potential for the big play/elusiveness.

He just needs to get out of the habit of running backwards. He doesn't have the quickness to make guys miss when he does that.

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    How about honorable mention for Jameel McClain? No one play stands out, but he turned in the best performance of any ILB not named Lewis in the first quarter of the season, imho.
    Jameel made a one-on-one tackle on Mendenhall that was very impressive and few other hits, so yes, he deserves an Honorable Mention. He just got lost in the shuffle this week, I guess...