Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Cameron Getting Game Ball-Sorry....

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    Ding! Ding! Ding!

I was watching the game with about 15 people and someone asked why we were attempting to run when we really were not running well. I told them that we need to keep them honest. You stop running then they start dropping 7/8 into coverage. The Steelers defense is too good to abandon the run.

Overall Cam did a good job and ultimately got us a win. I still think he tries to be too cute at times. 3rd and 1 should be 70% runs. I think Cam is 100% throws so far (OK, maybe not but it feels like it).

I am also sick and tired of fades when we are 2 yards out although I know most teams do this. We have got to have better plays than that!
    Yea i agree, i thought Cam did a excellent job besides those calls. As soon as i saw the formation on 3rd down i thought to myself this isnt gonna end well. It's like the idea of the clearout but just not enough room for that. I would have liked to see a power formation, run the ball or play action.

2. Re: Cameron Getting Game Ball-Sorry....

The way that Cam used two guys in the backfield to counter the Steelers' insane pass rush was nothing short of genius, and will most likely be copied against the Steelers for the rest of the year.

Having a RB AND TE next to Joe, where they could clearly see the field and the pass rushers, was a big factor in keeping Woodley and Harrison so quiet. They didn't have a blitz that could beat it, and that's on Cam.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Yea i agree, i thought Cam did a excellent job besides those calls. As soon as i saw the formation on 3rd down i thought to myself this isnt gonna end well. It's like the idea of the clearout but just not enough room for that. I would have liked to see a power formation, run the ball or play action.
    I thought Billick was back there calling the plays for a second. He always loved that corner end zone fade pass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    The way that Cam used two guys in the backfield to counter the Steelers' insane pass rush was nothing short of genius, and will most likely be copied against the Steelers for the rest of the year.

Having a RB AND TE next to Joe, where they could clearly see the field and the pass rushers, was a big factor in keeping Woodley and Harrison so quiet. They didn't have a blitz that could beat it, and that's on Cam.
    Heaaaaaapppp has been making great blocks in the backfield, two weeks in a row he has came across the front of Joe to pick up a key block, that is no easy task.

Good point, and the fact that they ran the draw so much out of that same formation kept them off balance. I think the Steelers blitzed heavy less the i have ever seen them.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    I thought Billick was back there calling the plays for a second. He always loved that corner end zone fade pass.
    Lol, yea me too, i thought maybe someone was gonna ask for a GOD DAMN MEASUREMENT afterwards. WxKevin was right, just trying to be to cute and overthinking it a bit.

7. Re: Cameron Getting Game Ball-Sorry....

Quote Originally Posted by ScoNo View Post
    Heaaaaaapppp has been making great blocks in the backfield, two weeks in a row he has came across the front of Joe to pick up a key block, that is no easy task.
    I'm pretty sure I saw him get abused by Woodley a few times when he was lining up as a traditional TE. He did very well lining up in the backfield, or at least that's how it seemed.

I think we can all agree on two things:

1) The drive at the end was a flash of greatness from Joe, Cam and the WR corps. All three. Heap's block = we win.

2) The end zone fades were horrible.

If we're debating when to run and not, esp. on 3rd and short, I think it has to be fairly balanced w/ an edge to run, but that depends on the coordinator's preference and the skill of our air attack. During their heydey, Brady and the Pats happily -- and intentionally -- threw for 3 and 4 yard gains, b/c those were like good runs and, in some cases, were even more reliable than handing the ball to an actual RB. Joe is good but he is no Brady (yet).

I think on third and short we simply need more options than run straight ahead into an 8-man front or have two WR routes w/ Mason blanketed. A little play-action, a bootleg, an option, etc. Tricky but safe (NOT CUTE). I liked the PA we called on that one third and short; yes Joe had to throw it away b/c the Steelers didn't fall for it, but hey, that's just good Steelers D. That bullshit two yards out from the goal line is what I (most of us?) hate. (Though to be fair, if Boldin had cut it outside... TD.)
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure I saw him get abused by Woodley a few times when he was lining up as a traditional TE. He did very well lining up in the backfield, or at least that's how it seemed.
    I'm not saying he is blocking like RT, shit Woodley schools RT's all day, but Heap has made some key blocks the last 2 games both resulting in TD's

10. Re: Cameron Getting Game Ball-Sorry....

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I think we can all agree on three things:

1) The drive at the end was a flash of greatness from Joe, Cam and the WR corps. All three. Heap's block = we win.

2) The end zone fades were horrible.
    3) Steelers fans are, pretty much, all douchebags.

If Obama and Al Gore can win the Nobel prize for doing nothing, Cam can certainly win the game ball for the same ("ice water in his veins"--what the heck does that mean Coach?). Harbaugh needs to pull a Billick and let his buddy go during the Bye week. A monkey could have called a better game.

:usa:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravcolt View Post
    If Obama and Al Gore can win the Nobel prize for doing nothing, Cam can certainly win the game ball for the same ("ice water in his veins"--what the heck does that mean Coach?). Harbaugh needs to pull a Billick and let his buddy go during the Bye week. A monkey could have called a better game
    Keep the politics on the politics board where it belongs, please.