Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The O-Line

Re: The O-Line

Quote Originally Posted by James R(aven) View Post
    I think Webb also deserves some praise for breaking up some big pass plays!
    Also if Ray had missed the int that sealed the game, Webb would've gotten it, he was right with it. Webb is a monster.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Yes, let's risk our best DL on a running play when he's obviously not really a RB.

Giving the ball to Ngata is a gimmick play...30-40% chance it works, but if you seriously want the TD, then is not the time to be trying out Ngata as a RB. FB maybe, not a RB
    You're right, id just like to see them run it in that situation. Put 3 wideouts in to keep them honest and give it to McLain. I just didn't like that pussyfooting around near the endzone when we should be pounding the rock!

The O-line did an amazing job today.

And Lardarius Webb needs to get a game ball and be near the top of R52's Heroes list this week. Him ripping the ball out of Wallace's hands in the end zone was simply an amazing play.

I'd love to go back and read those preseason predictions about how horrible our secondary was going to be.

Blog Entries

Ditto on the game ball.

Losac is right again.

Quote Originally Posted by James R(aven) View Post
    I think Webb also deserves some praise for breaking up some big pass plays!
    Yeah, definitely. He had an awesome game, shutting down a guy that was getting a lot of credit for breaking out big this year. Losac's right, that play ripping the ball out of Wallace's hands was huge. And his break-up one or two plays before that on the free play offsides was also brilliant.

You know who else played a big role? Mt Cody. There was a play early on where he just busted through the center of the line pushing two guys backward and sealing off any Mendenhall cut-back lane. This guy is going to make a big difference in our run defense.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Why not Ngata? He plays rugby and I'm pretty sure nobody wants to stop his ass!!
    Speaking of Ngata how about when Fabian could have had that pick but saw Ngata running towards him and just ducked for cover, I can't blame the guy I would have scared also!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Yes, let's risk our best DL on a running play when he's obviously not really a RB.

Giving the ball to Ngata is a gimmick play...30-40% chance it works, but if you seriously want the TD, then is not the time to be trying out Ngata as a RB. FB maybe, not a RB
    Gotta disagree. Ngata spends every play manhandling 700+ lbs of body and muscle. He probably doesn't get hurt on a 2 yard running play

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    Speaking of Ngata how about when Fabian could have had that pick but saw Ngata running towards him and just ducked for cover, I can't blame the guy I would have scared also!
    We ere just watching the game from the DVR, and my wife and I laughed our asses off on that play. If I saw Ngata coming at me like that, I'd duck and cover too!!

I'm glad someone made a thread about the O-Line, because they were really solid today. Marshal Yanda is getting better at RT, and Oher is getting into his own at LT.

And the blitz pickups by the backs and TE's were great, especially on Housh's TD.

Blog Entries

Good game for the O-Line, should build some confidence, I would to see something happen at RT bringing Yanda back to G so we can run better, that is the only fault I see with the line right now, but much props to the O-line, good job men.
    Gaither gets IR'd soon and gone next year, we need to find some depth.

By now there is no OL depth around. I kind of wish we had gotten Flozell when he was available and cut or IR'ed Moll or Cousins. DSon't know his price but he would have been insurance kind off like Bulger. Plus we could have blocked the yinzers getting him.

God forbid Oher gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Best game of the year for the O-line

Now all we need is Cam to have confidence to call a run on 3rd and short . . . .
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    You're right, id just like to see them run it in that situation. Put 3 wideouts in to keep them honest and give it to McLain. I just didn't like that pussyfooting around near the endzone when we should be pounding the rock!
    McLain was hurt at that point. All we had for RB was Ray Rice that was pretty much playing at 75% at best. I don't think Rice gets in there at that point. I would like to have seen a play action roll out given Flacco the option to either run it in or throw it on either 3rd or 4th down.