Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Heroes and Goats (Home Opener Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Give a dishonorable mention to whomever decided to keep an extra DB and inactivate a DL.
    Maybe it could have been an OK decision if Redding didn't get concussed.
    We really needed that extra DB didn't we? Let's see, Webb plays 6 snaps, and Haruki gets a big 5, and we later cut Hamlin.

Meanwhile Gregg with his old knees is abusing what is left in the joints, McKinney is playing just about his career high (thanks Filmstudy for that info),
    and we have some bigs on the inactive.

Yeah we can make an arguement that they didn't know Redding was going down, but how much did the extra DB help us? Not as much as the DL shortage by a long shot.
    Dishonorable mention to whoever left us vulnerable... was that Mattison main or did ST have a big hand in it?
    Not sure but I guess I can see where they hedged their bets in favor of stopping a known commodity in Cribbs, vice a completely under the radar dude like Hillis. I'm a little more forgiving since we won though...
    Last edited by RAVENOUS52; 09-30-2010 at 08:05 PM.

Re: Heroes and Goats (Home Opener Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Give a dishonorable mention to whomever decided to keep an extra DB and inactivate a DL.
    Maybe it could have been an OK decision if Redding didn't get concussed.
    We really needed that extra DB didn't we? Let's see, Webb plays 6 snaps, and Haruki gets a big 5, and we later cut Hamlin.

Meanwhile Gregg with his old knees is abusing what is left in the joints, McKinney is playing just about his career high (thanks Filmstudy for that info),
    and we have some bigs on the inactive.

Yeah we can make an arguement that they didn't know Redding was going down, but how much did the extra DB help us? Not as much as the DL shortage by a long shot.
    Dishonorable mention to whoever left us vulnerable... was that Mattison main or did ST have a big hand in it?
    This is so easy to say in hindsight. At the time it made complete sense. No way in hell did I think Cleveland could run. Cleveland's line and Hillis did a great job. Props to them!