Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Sidney Ponson Blasts Baltimore Fans

Those are facts, not an opinion.
    Really? If you look at the attendence record you link us too it shows that the Yankees season average is greater than the AL League avg since 1920. Yes there was a little drop off in attendance from 91-95 but it wasnt signifacant (I could easily blame the strike for the drop) and things have changed for the better. The yankees havent won anything in the past few years yet they are drawing over 4 mil for 2 years...care to explain that? .
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Really? If you look at the attendence record you link us too it shows that the Yankees season average is greater than the AL League avg since 1920.
    Maybe that has something to do with the fact that New York is the largest city in the US and has 17 million in its metro area to draw from?

Naw, couldn't be that.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Maybe that has something to do with the fact that New York is the largest city in the US and has 17 million in its metro area to draw from

The thing is the Yankees with their pinstripes, history, and there clean cut image on the field are embraced by not just New Yorkers, but by the entire country (even Japan). The Mets are in New York and don't have the same type of success or fans. The Giants and Dodgers played in New York, tell me how that worked out for them. Just because a team is surrounded by a city with large numbers of people it can't be assume that they will be successful. Seriously it absolutely retarded to think that the yankees draw well only because they have a large body of potential customers.

In other words, and to be clear, you can't put say the Nationals or the Marlins in New york and expect people to go to the games the way they do for the Yanks. The Yankees sell a brand that is different from any professional team in the world.

You dont like it because you dont think its fair that they are good and people like to go to their game. It has nothing to do with a pool of 17 million people. Actually the pool is larger than that if you count outside of New york.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Really? If you look at the attendence record you link us too it shows that the Yankees season average is greater than the AL League avg since 1920. Yes there was a little drop off in attendance from 91-95 but it wasnt signifacant (I could easily blame the strike for the drop) and things have changed for the better. The yankees havent won anything in the past few years yet they are drawing over 4 mil for 2 years...care to explain that? .
    You are so blind to reality it's hilarious.

Excuse after excuse.

The Yankees have won the division NINE straight seasons.

And before you say it (you know, the BS about how only WS matter to NY) don't bother.

The fact that the team has made the playoffs every season since 1995 shows that the team is winning.

And THAT is why you draw big attendence numbers.

PP

The thing is the Yankees with their pinstripes, history, and there clean cut image on the field are embraced by not just New Yorkers, but by the entire country (even Japan). The Mets are in New York and don't have the same type of success or fans. The Giants and Dodgers played in New York, tell me how that worked out for them. Just because a team is surrounded by a city with large numbers of people it can't be assume that they will be successful. Seriously it absolutely retarded to think that the yankees draw well only because they have a large body of potential customers.

In other words, and to be clear, you can't put say the Nationals or the Marlins in New york and expect people to go to the games the way they do for the Yanks. The Yankees sell a brand that is different from any professional team in the world.

You dont like it because you dont think its fair that they are good and people like to go to their game. It has nothing to do with a pool of 17 million people. Actually the pool is larger than that if you count outside of New york.

Dude.

Nobody is arguing the success of the Yankees. I don't like them because they are the Yankees.

You can't seem to realize this point.

The Yankees are wildly popular in Japan and draw big in other stadiums because they win year in and year out.

Not because they are the Yankees.

If they win, they draw well.

If they don't, they don't draw nearly as well.

It's really that simple.

PP

The fact that the team has made the playoffs every season since 1995 shows that the team is winning.

The team has been winning for years, Their attendance has been above average for years except for the years i pointed out. Even when there is a lull people still go. Where are the excuses

These are your stats not mine so you are either stubborn or thick.

Dude.

Nobody is arguing the success of the Yankees. I don't like them because they are the Yankees.

You can't seem to realize this point
    PP Camden came on here and said that the Yankees attendance record is the due to the amount of people in NY.

I said the yankees have a winning tradition for years and have a history that people enjoy and want to see. heck you posted the very things I wrote. then you say I dont realize the point...come on.

frontrunnercrazyraven,

You actually have no clue about baltimore and its history. you have no clue as to what happened with the Colts. They were one of the most supported football franchises around up until about seven years after Irsay took over. You DO know that he actively shopped them to AZ, Tenn, Indy and Jacksonville WHILE they were playing here don't you? You do know that he fired coaches at halftime don't you? YOu are a prime example of a front running NY fan. You latched on to the Ravens once they started winning and made them your team. How come you aren't a Jets or Giants fan? Coming on here and agreeing with a whiny drunk who wore out his welcome after 3 DUIs, assaulting a judge, showing up to camp overweight and hungover for years, even after signing a $21million deal is just typical of a no nothing front runner. The Yankees have spent $1 billion over the last five yrs and have no rings to show for it. There is no parity in baseball when one team gets $50 million per yr in tv revenue while the rest of the league averages less than 10% of that. THIS is why the Yankees win and get the best players. Typical NY fans base their own pride/ego on their baseball team rather than their own personal acheivements and accomplishments. They did nothing to put these winning teams on the field. It certainly isn't their attendance that is paying these salaries. Its the unfair and imbalanced tv revenue streams that is making "America's pasttime" unwatchable. Every yr this sport loses its luster. Less and less kids are plyaing little league or even watching it. Unless there is a hard salary cap like in other more successful sports, see NFL, baseball's popularity will continue to spiral downward. ENjoy another season of no championship.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

"You latched on to the Ravens once they started winning and made them your team."

ravenmaniac: Small correction to your stellar post. crazyraven is a Ravens fan for the sole reason that he couldn't procure Redskins tickets when he moved to this area from The Rotten Apple. He's admitted it, and if he refutes it in his inevitable instant reply, he's lying (again).

You guys are wasting your time arguing with this neophyte.....always a lame rhetorical reply. The last time I heard from him was his torrential meltdown on the other board on 10/7/06, and we all know what happened on that date!

ravenmaniac take a drink of water. sit down and shut up.

I'm a new yorker and results driven. The O's left Baltimore once and became the Yankees, The colts left the area for Indy, and the Bullets well became the wizards. You guys cant hold on to a team and that's why I had to pay a damn surcharge (PSL) so that I can go to a damn football game. Are the o's leaving, time will tell.

You guys are bad fans. You MF'er even booed boller when he was hurt. Cheer on Almar when he spit on an ump. You can blame everything and anything on the Yankees, maybe even the red sox for your shortcummings. When you cant do that you blame the Owners. Its all excuses. Ravenmaniac being sucn a historian you should know you cant buy a championship as your floundering owner has demonstrated in the past. In recent years look up the road, Even with Gibbs, Danny's cant buy a championship and he buys players too.

I am still a Jets fan. I love football so much I took on the Baltimore ravens as my team. While Baltimore was still wrestling with the idea 2 years after being in town (keep in mind they had an entirely new staduim) I love football so much I bought tickets, and there were some still available. Now you cant get shit? Why because the Ravens are winning. Frontrunners are in Baltimore. Like I said before it would be scary if there wasnt a psl. Yes TOW is right If the skins had tickets Id be a fan of there team. Its no secret....So what.

ENjoy another season of no championship
    Enjoy your season in the basement.

The O's left Baltimore once and became the Yankees.....
    That was 100 years ago, do you think that has ANY relevance to today?!?!?

....... that's why I had to pay a damn surcharge (PSL) so that I can go to a damn football game.
    I guess you do know that many teams have PSLs these days, don't you?

Most team with new stadiums have PSLs. Welcome to today's NFL. It has nothing to do with Baltimore.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Come back when you have a clue about Baltimore and sports. NY'rs are fantastic fans thats why the Giants are in SF and the Dodgers are in LA right? The Orioles that left in 1903 left because Baltimore couldn't support them? Thats what you have come up with? Do some research boy and then you can talk.