Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Sidney Ponson Blasts Baltimore Fans

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Somebody had to say it. Kudos to Ponson. Sid is showing much knowledge.
    You have now earned the title of king troll of this board.

Yankees fans are the most notorious for booing their own players. Hell, how long did ol' Sid last in the Bronx? 5 weeks?

I remember Yankee fans booing Rafael Palmeiro after the steroid scandal broke, and then turn around and cheer for Jason Giambi. Hypocrisy, anyone?

O's fans had every right to boo Sidney. He gets arrested for DUI twice in a span of a couple months, gets thrown in jail for punching a judge, and all the while can post no better than a 5.00 ERA.

Why don't you go back to booing ARod and preparing for next October's choke job?

Ponson sucked here, he knows it. Baltimore fans are passionate and want a winning team. His off the field antics made things worse. He's a head case.

Hope he makes that team and we boo the hell out of him when he pitches.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Losac I like you even though you are a O's fan. So we have a difference of an opinion when it comes to the our taste in baseball. why go and call me a troll. This is a ravens board and for the most part I am 100% pro ravens.

Thanks to Baltimore the Yankees are in NY. Even back in the day when every thing was on a level playing field in terms of money, media etc Baltimore fans couldn't support their team. Thanks to you guys New York has seen championship after championship. Fast forward to the 80's and we see the Colts leaving town and this year we see them win the superbowl. Seems to me that the same stuff that happened in the past is going on in with the current O's. The owner is crying poverty. Home fans never show up and the fans that do show are from the opposing team etc etc. Now we have ex players making comments. Honestly though i don't care if you can support a a baseball team or not. What scares me is that at some point if the ravens stop winning will we be in the same situation as past Baltimore generations? Hopefully the PSL is a safety net for the real fans

Oh wait didn't the Bullets leave too.

Lets move on to Giambi.
    Yea giambi was booed and cheered for his play on the field but so was mantle, Jackson, Scooter, Jeter too. So what? That's part of going to the game. Cheering booing etc. At least in New York.

The big difference You guys applauded Raffi for pointing his finger in the face of congress saying he didn't take steroids but then when testing comes back positive and you morons are giving him a standing O. That always bothers me about O's fans, they stand up and yell at the top of their lungs and scream...YEAH FOR CHEATING. You guys also did the same Roberto Alomar after he hurled a lewgie at the ump. Hypicrite? Yeah You guys are funny.

Anybody know what Highwater wrote? Typical cowardice move too. the guy probably said something that he would never say to anyones face.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

What a drunken fool Ponson is...I saw him at Mr. Bill's Terrace Inn one night....dead of winter and this moron is there in shorts, slamming beers.....too funny...

Losac I like you even though you are a O's fan. So we have a difference of an opinion when it comes to the our taste in baseball. why go and call me a troll. This is a ravens board and for the most part I am 100% pro ravens.

Thanks to Baltimore the Yankees are in NY. Even back in the day when every thing was on a level playing field in terms of money, media etc Baltimore fans couldn't support their team. Thanks to you guys New York has seen championship after championship. Fast forward to the 80's and we see the Colts leaving town and this year we see them win the superbowl. Seems to me that the same stuff that happened in the past is going on in with the current O's. The owner is crying poverty. Home fans never show up and the fans that do show are from the opposing team etc etc. Now we have ex players making comments. Honestly though i don't care if you can support a a baseball team or not. What scares me is that at some point if the ravens stop winning will we be in the same situation as past Baltimore generations? Hopefully the PSL is a safety net for the real fans

Lets move on to Giambi.
    Yea giambi was booed and cheered for his play on the field but so was mantle, Jackson, Scooter, Jeter too. So what? That's part of going to the game. Cheering booing etc. At least in New York.

The big difference You guys applauded Raffi for pointing his finger in the face of congress saying he didn't take steroids but then when testing comes back positive and you morons are giving him a standing O. That always bothers me about O's fans, they stand up and yell at the top of their lungs and scream...YEAH FOR CHEATING. You guys also did the same Roberto Alomar after he hurled a lewgie at the ump. Hypicrite? Yeah You guys are funny.

Anybody know what Highwater wrote? Typical cowardice move too. the guy probably said something that he would never say to anyones face.
    How old are you, crazyraven?... 10? or 12? You have the whole picture completely convoluded. This owner has been the worst owner, meddling.. even worse than the Devil, himself(Steinbrenner)! During the 60's and 70's the O's were the ONLY team with a lifetime winning record against the Yanks. The fans have supported the team continually, 'til the current owner started trying to run the team, and blows it.... Albert Belle, and all the other has-beens... Ponson for one, Sosa for another. The fans are NOT the problem. The owner, and the yankees overblown spending , though, ARE!!:insane:

Lets move on to Giambi.

*sigh*

You are talking about Oriole fans for giving Raffy a standing O when he came back from suspension? I remember a few fans doing that, but about half the stadium was booing him too. And they continued to boo him until the end. Yankee fans gave Giambi a thundering standing ovation on his first game back after he was proven to be a cheater and liar. Don't play the steroid card when you and your fans continue to cheer for one of the game's exposed roid-heads.

The Orioles have had 9 straight losing seasons. Nine. No matter what team or what city, attendance is going to drop.

Sir Sidney embarrassed the team and the city. I don't understand why he thinks we should be giving him a warm and fuzzy reception.

8. Re: OT: Sidney Ponson Blasts Baltimore Fans

Even back in the day when every thing was on a level playing field in terms of money, media etc Baltimore fans couldn't support their team.
    They didn't move because of lack of support. Way to not know the history of your own bandwagon team.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    You have now earned the title of king troll of this board.
    Rack that.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Why don't you go back to booing ARod and preparing for next October's choke job?
    And rack that too.

<insulted edited out>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Greg : 03-17-2007 at 09:50 PM
    Rack that

...lewed remarks and temper tantrums should not be tolerated on this board. If you wouldnt say it to somebodies face, dont say it all. Highwater cant control himself, he has no self control. How sad.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

...lewed remarks and temper tantrums should not be tolerated on this board.
    Lewed remarks (?) and temper tantrums (at least you managed to spell that correctly)? Losac correctly called you out as a troll and I agreed. I don't see how that qualifies as a temper tantrum.

If you wouldnt say it to somebodies face, dont say it all. Highwater cant control himself, he has no self control. How sad.
    LOL at all of the above -- I would have no problem saying anything to your face, not that I have any desire to meet you. I really don't know why you are on this board. If you simply want to be a troll, go back to the other board. I'm sure they'll be thirlled to hear about how you are too busy to remove ice from the roof of your car.

I wasn't going to bring it up, but now that the subject has come up again. . .

I was driving along on a sunny day yesterday and suddenly had to perform evasive maneuvers on 695, with my son in the car, because some a-hole in a pickup hadn't cleared his roof.

edit: a freakin **pickup**!! How long would that take? 30 seconds, if it's icy? Crazy, do you drive a pickup?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.