Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anquan Boldin

Anquan Boldin

I know this is all material from when he was a Card. But it is the best video you will ever see in relation to who you have now and the kind of man he is. AWESOME VIDEO and highly recommend now that he is yours! Unbelievable work ethic and attitude.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/137388/in-...-anquan-boldin

2. Re: Anquan Boldin

Long been one of my favorite players in the league, primarily for his physical play and toughness. I'd also say being the fastest WR in NFL history to catch 600 balls and still holding down his No. 1 all-time Yds per Game rate 8 years deep says enough about his efficiency as well.

The guy is off to a hell of a start, period. I don't know if he'll have a season better than '03 or '05 in terms of yardage, but I'd bank on 1200+ and double-digit touchdowns. He's motivated and has something to prove. Not that he ever needed it to give 110%.

Re: Anquan Boldin

Quote Originally Posted by Vitriol View Post
    Long been one of my favorite players in the league, primarily for his physical play and toughness. I'd also say being the fastest WR in NFL history to catch 600 balls and still holding down his No. 1 all-time Yds per Game rate 8 years deep says enough about his efficiency as well.

The guy is off to a hell of a start, period. I don't know if he'll have a season better than '03 or '05 in terms of yardage, but I'd bank on 1200+ and double-digit touchdowns. He's motivated and has something to prove. Not that he ever needed it to give 110%.
    His 600th catch that was a TD, he came over and gave the ball to my Sister!! Too bad someone else came over after and exchanged that ball with her for a different one, that ball would have been worth a lot. Word is that he is going to sign the second ball for her though so that's cool.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Still gives me a stiffy.

A big, giant one.

I eat cheeseburgers off of it.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Umm ...OK. No one here is judging you, PSU...

Getting back to Boldin's value as a receiver --I got some laughs reading one of the Cleveland fans' game blogs from Sunday. Most of them were very dismissive of Boldin's performance and blamed Eric Wright completely for Boldin's catches, the Brown's loss, the national debt, and possibly third-world poverty as well. There were plenty of comments along the lines of, "Oh, Boldin isn't even a No. 1 WR", or "Fitzgerald took all the double coverages in AZ, otherwise Boldin would've been average at best", and other such tripe. Sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me.

I thought Boldin was very impressive and his performance helped prove just why Ozzie went out and signed him.

Now if Mase can just stop pouting and get with the program...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    His 600th catch that was a TD, he came over and gave the ball to my Sister!! Too bad someone else came over after and exchanged that ball with her for a different one, that ball would have been worth a lot. Word is that he is going to sign the second ball for her though so that's cool.
    Ahhhh, sucks. He mentioned during the press conference that the team went back and got the ball, which he didn't seem too pleased about. I had a feeling he was going to do something to make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    -I got some laughs reading one of the Cleveland fans' game blogs from Sunday. Most of them were very dismissive of Boldin's performance and blamed Eric Wright completely for Boldin's catches,
    A guy at my work who is a big Flacco hater and was one of the ones who wanted him benched basically said that - about how Eric Wright actually made Flacco look good, as if it took no skill for him to make those throws to Boldin. Real geniuses we have in our fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    Ahhhh, sucks. He mentioned during the press conference that the team went back and got the ball, which he didn't seem too pleased about. I had a feeling he was going to do something to make up for it.
    That sucks that the team would do that without telling him. Boldin for years has given every TD catch to a fan in the stands. He is the ultimate fan friendly player. Truly it doesn't get any better it is the main reason he is my favorite player in the NFL as well as his work ethic and play on the field which speaks for itself. Im certain he will make it up to the sister of the poster on here.

I go to Cards training camp every year. From what I hear it is more open and accessible to fans than most other camps. Boldin would literally sign and take pictures with every single fan there until they were ALL taken care of. He would do this after practice including the two a days. All sweaty and dirty and tired. Yet he never lost his smile and never failed to take care of the fan. He truly is an amazing person. The only other person that that would do that in all my time going to TC is Kurt Warner.
    Last edited by azcrdsfan; 09-29-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by azcrdsfan View Post
    That sucks that the team would do that without telling him. Boldin for years has given every TD catch to a fan in the stands. He is the ultimate fan friendly player. Truly it doesn't get any better it is the main reason he is my favorite player in the NFL as well as his work ethic and play on the field which speaks for itself. Im certain he will make it up to the sister of the poster on here.

I go to Cards training camp every year. From what I hear it is more open and accessible to fans than most other camps. Boldin would literally sign and take pictures with every single fan there until they were ALL taken care of. He would do this after practice including the two a days. All sweaty and dirty and tired. Yet he never lost his smile and never failed to take care of the fan. He truly is an amazing person. The only other person that had one that in all my time going to TC is Kurt Warner.
    I understand why the team did it and my Sister isn't mad at all. That ball could possibly be in the Hall of Fame one day. Fastest player to 600 catches is a significant achievement. It's hilarious, everyone saw her on TV, her facebook page had like 45 messages before she got home. Mason gave my Nephew a ball last year after a TD too, so they are racking them up...
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

10. Re: Anquan Boldin

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    A guy at my work who is a big Flacco hater and was one of the ones who wanted him benched basically said that - about how Eric Wright actually made Flacco look good, as if it took no skill for him to make those throws to Boldin. Real geniuses we have in our fan base.
    One of his TDs (I think it was the last one), he threw it off of his back foot pretty badly. He still delivered a perfect ball over the top where only Q could catch it. He was getting pressure in his face, but took a little step to the side to give himself room and just flicked it 40 yards downfield with incredible touch. We didn't complain about throwing off the back foot then.

I've been thinking about it over the past few days, and here is my thinking on the issue (this might belong in PSU's thread about the Zorn/Flacco combination, but I don't feel like copying and pasting right now):

I like that he can make that sort of throw, but I think we see Zorn's effect in allowing (and probably encouraging) those types of throws from Joe. At this point in his career, we can expect mixed results from it. He will make big plays against teams like the Browns (getting back to Wright making him look good), but we saw the other half of it the week before against the Bengals and their above-average CBs. There's a reason Peyton is so damn good: his throwing motion and balance are impeccable (not to mention the mental side of it).

I think that this may start to be a pattern while Zorn is coaching Flacco. His fundamentals are obviously lacking, and I see that translating into results similar to those of Jay Cutler. Flacco and Cutler have talent that if off the charts that, in a lot of cases, mask their terrible fundamentals. He will make some insane, jaw-dropping throws, but he will never be as consistent as Manning/Rivers/Brees with the throwing motion he has shown. You never see Peyton throw off balance and consistently throw balls up in the air for grabs. You also never see Peyton having 4 INT stinkers like Flacco did and like Cutler does consistently.

Joe needs to tighten it up, or he could be a taller version of Jay Cutler when all is said and done. Beating up on the Browns and Bills two or three times a year isn't going to cut it for this franchise/city/fan base. You can lob balls up in the air off your back against the Browns, but that isn't going to work against Polamalu and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    One of his TDs (I think it was the last one), he threw it off of his back foot pretty badly. He still delivered a perfect ball over the top where only Q could catch it. He was getting pressure in his face, but took a little step to the side to give himself room and just flicked it 40 yards downfield with incredible touch. We didn't complain about throwing off the back foot then.

I've been thinking about it over the past few days, and here is my thinking on the issue (this might belong in PSU's thread about the Zorn/Flacco combination, but I don't feel like copying and pasting right now):

I like that he can make that sort of throw, but I think we see Zorn's effect in allowing (and probably encouraging) those types of throws from Joe. At this point in his career, we can expect mixed results from it. He will make big plays against teams like the Browns (getting back to Wright making him look good), but we saw the other half of it the week before against the Bengals and their above-average CBs. There's a reason Peyton is so damn good: his throwing motion and balance are impeccable (not to mention the mental side of it).

I think that this may start to be a pattern while Zorn is coaching Flacco. His fundamentals are obviously lacking, and I see that translating into results similar to those of Jay Cutler. Flacco and Cutler have talent that if off the charts that, in a lot of cases, mask their terrible fundamentals. He will make some insane, jaw-dropping throws, but he will never be as consistent as Manning/Rivers/Brees with the throwing motion he has shown. You never see Peyton throw off balance and consistently throw balls up in the air for grabs. You also never see Peyton having 4 INT stinkers like Flacco did and like Cutler does consistently.

Joe needs to tighten it up, or he could be a taller version of Jay Cutler when all is said and done. Beating up on the Browns and Bills two or three times a year isn't going to cut it for this franchise/city/fan base. You can lob balls up in the air off your back against the Browns, but that isn't going to work against Polamalu and Co.
    Minus the whole VT thing, you're right. Kidding, of course.

Flacco always has poor mechanics, its just that sometimes he gets away with it becuase he's got such good make up for a QB. He is so physically tlaented he can overcome his mechanical short falls more often when not. But when the not happens, it's bad.

One of his TDs (I think it was the last one), he threw it off of his back foot pretty badly.
    I think this was largely because the Browns sent seven or eight guys at him. And I don't think it was a terrible mechanical throw though I need to go watch the play again to be certain of that.

I'm not sure I agree that his fundamentals are really bad. I think they lapse, which is more concerning to me. Some throws he looks great. Some look awful.

But different people have different fundamentals. One of the things I never understood... Analysts constantly harp on bad QBs and how they have "happy feet." "Look at that guy dancing around! He needs to set his feet and throw the football!" Have they never watched Peyton Manning throw the ball? Watch his feet some time. Ever since I noticed this, I'm practically obsessed about it...I cannot stop looking at his feet when he drops back. The feet never stop moving...he's hopping all over the place.

One of the best QBs currently playing - Phillip Rivers - also has one of the worst throwing motions in the game.

Mechanics are meh. Bad mechanics can be easily overcome by a good decision maker and an accurate arm.

You never see Peyton throw off balance and consistently throw balls up in the air for grabs. You also never see Peyton having 4 INT stinkers like Flacco did and like Cutler does consistently.
    Still not true. Click the link and sort by INTs. Manning's had two games - one playoffs and one regular season - with 4 INTs and he's had one with 6 INTs. Those bomb games happen to everyone.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid