Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Game Day Experience

I was so disturbed at getting into the stadium that I fired off an e-mail. SAFE made me dump my purse and in the process of doing that my sunglasses in their case were swiped. The person doing the patdown stuck her hand down the back of my pants- freaked me out a bit.

Half time show sucked lol I had a blown speaker in my old Chevette that sounded better.

I don't eat in the stadium so I can't comment on the food, but didn't the city put in a bottle tax that would raise the price of Snapple? The Vendors need to get their money some how. Same with parking, my brother is friends with the owner of one of the big parking vendors and the tax per car is 24.50
    More cell towers would be nice, Pryce was back in the game before my text went out to someone to see what was wrong with himlol

I don't mind the anthem being after the intros. Usually before the kick-off, they'd do the "Let's Get Ready to Rumble" and that got everybody going. Didn't hear that until the 3rd quarter or so.

I guess I'm a softy but I like the fight song. It reminds me of my Pop Pop every time I hear it. Even if we all just get the "Fight! Fight! Fight!" part right, it would be good.

Ate beforehand but did break down and have a few overpriced beers in the stadium...damn nailbiter.

As for the flyover, don't know how true it is, but heard that it was the same unit that had done the flyover at the Dover race in DE and they got a late start.
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I'd still like to see auxiliary scoreboards, which are found in many other NFL stadiums
    I think they are coming. If you notice, there are 4 portions of that scoreboard "ring" that are now tarped off at the four corner of the lower bowl. I'm guessing we will see those aux boards in the future.

Maybe I don't have the keen sense of what makes 1080p, but I was a bit underwhelmed by the HDTV sharpness. While there is an improvement over the SACO boards, the new video boards at Meadowlands and FedEx appeared sharper
    They will pop at night and it will be noticed. Granted, they are smaller than their counterparts in Landover and NJ.

No ... god, please no!!!!!! To be sorta blunt: regarding music tastes, there isn't much in common between the players and the fans. We are the ones who are being entertained for $100+ a seat; the players are the entertainers. I don't want to hear electric guitars screeching or urban poetry after TDs - I want pick-me-up celebration music with a good "thump".
    The pre-game music is for the players warming up, not the fans. Hence the hip-hop. But I do agree after TD's and during the game the music needs to be more geared towards the fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard
    Really like the return of GLADIATOR to the pre-game
    100% agree. That is timeless and gets me pumped every time.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The fight song needs more time.

Stadium food is way over-priced and has been since Nero was feeding Christians to lions; no news here.

Buckcherry might be a decent band but I had a blown speaker blaring noise at me and the band was unhearable. Horrible decision to do this. My guess is the sound check was done with a guy on the 50 facing the band. Anywhere else the sound was simply horrid.

Security going into the stadium sucked but I found a gate with reasonable lines and we got in fast enough to get into our seats during "Proud to be an American." But to do so we had to enter too far away and wait too long in that line to get our designated driver coupons. Luckily Amy always has a bunch stored up.

I hate getting the bum's rush out of my seat after a game. The stairs near 519 jam up and it takes 10-15 minutes to clear. I prefer to sit and wait but I am rushed out of our seats right after the game. I sent the Ravens an e-mail about it, again. We were promised post-game press conferences on the video screens a long time ago and we never got them. At least let me sit in my seat until the crowd clears instead of making me go stand in that mess.

If they piss me off enough I might just claim claustrophobia in crowds and see how they handle my ADA complaint. I am sick of the SAFE a-holes who "want to get home."

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The fight song needs more time.

Buckcherry might be a decent band but I had a blown speaker blaring noise at me and the band was unhearable. Horrible decision to do this. My guess is the sound check was done with a guy on the 50 facing the band. Anywhere else the sound was simply horrid.

."
    Wasn't at the game but I bet trying to do sound production for an on the field band there is tough.

Greg I sent you the head of SAFE's e-mail address--he got 3 paragraphs from me on what I had to go through to get in the stadium/. Just mention an ADA complaint and they are soo very helpful lol
    Last edited by Drkraven; 09-28-2010 at 08:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Lines to get in - awful.

Fly by. I was surprised it was mis timed. From my seat in 522 I could see them circling a few miles away before the anthem even started. Always cool though.

Fight Song - it will catch on.

Buck Chery - played the wrong song but of course they couldn't play THAT song. Sound was terrible and they were facing my side.

HD Screens - awesome but during NFL Red Zone, let's have the audio so we know what's going on.

Beers/Food - bleh. Eat beforehand and invest in a good hip flask :)
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

As a season ticket holder natrually I was at the game, and all that Mother Nature did to derail the tailgate didn't work.

As for the fight song, I like it. the music is the old Colts fight song, and though the lyrics could be better just the music alone gives me cold chills. This was a song from my childhood, a song that was a part of every Baltimore football fans life in the many years gone by. I say keep it as it is much better then the previous Ravens fight song.

The flyover was a bit of a dissapointment, but in the scheme of things that wasn't all that important. What was important was a Ravens win and we fans certainly helped acheive that with all the noise we generated. Suggs said he was ready to call a time out because of the noise.

Job well done brother and sister Ravens fans. Rave on!

9. Re: Game Day Experience

The rain was unexpected but thanks to 395 and Lot H, we got a spot underneath and were perfectly dry. Althought dreading going into the game without any rain gear. They didnt say it was going to tain, and when i left the house was just cloudy. Oh well.

The flyover looked real shaky for some reason, I swore i saw 4 A-10's and they they look like they broke off and only 3 actually flew over..I know what a "missing man" formation but they have never done it that way before. anyone else notice that?

The lines to get into the stadium are just awful, i know just about everyone uses the Johnny U entrance, but just alway seems so unorganized. I guess i try to get in when everyone else does so thats my fault, but geez every other stadium i go to its walk right in, line is moving....

Ive got a video on Ray doing his dance this week, its on facebook, just like the page,: http://www.facebook.com/pages/edit/?...8855169&ref=mf

I eat and drink on the outside tailgating, all i know is water was still $4.

I thought the boards were clear, but not as clear as ive seen elsewhere, i think too once the sets later and night games youll really see it. Also its about time they showed more replays, it was behind but was nice to see it each break. Agree on the out of town scoreboard, would live to see one sign somewhere showing one score and changing every 15secs or so...

But still its the best game day experience anywhere i think....whether you tailgate or just enjoy ravens walk.....its the best!
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

I love all of it when we win.

When we lose it all sucks!

Blog Entries

Prices for drinks and food went up. come on $5.50 for a fountain coke is just crazy. im not overly impressed with new screens they are better than what we had but should be much better for the price paid. and I have seen them at night in the preseason. I had no problem getting in the stadium no line at all about 45 mins before gametime. Fight song sucks. I had no problem leaving the stadium either because i sit in my seat until the section clears out than use the bathroom than grab the elevator than walk right out to the train.