Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 232425
  1. Re: GAME THREAD - Week 3 - Ravens/Browns

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    In hindsight, I can believe they are where they are. They were up and down with him last year minus Troy P (you know who), so we know who makes that team tick when in the lineup. Throw in the offseason stuff and all of the "experts" "disrespecting" them by picking them to finish third or fourth in the division, you got a quick starting motivated team. That being said they will come back to earth once Ben comes back and messes with the chemistry. Even his own teammates know he's a douche.
    Actually this great start only helps the Steelers as a team, Ben's shit wont fly in the locker room because they have shown they can win without him.

The other teams in the league better pray he has spent these 4 weeks bar hopin for young gals, because if he has been working his arse off, getting back to his christian roots, and watching the Steelers win, he may just walk back into that locker room a truly humbled man.

And a truly humble Big Ben, with a chip on shoulder, and a unified Steeler locker room should scare the shit out of the rest of the league!

Im just sayin

Blog Entries

Re: GAME THREAD - Week 3 - Ravens/Browns

Don't know how much people buy into this notion, but I'm glad we're not owning early and the Steelers are...

why? Because if we're going to peak, I'd rather it be closer to mid-season and we keep the momentum going through playoffs.

Bengals peaked too early last year, and ended the season falling apart in final week and then playoffs.
    Jets are perfect example of a team who peaked at JUST the right time.

Let the Steelers look this awesome early. They're not a 16-0 team, something is going to happen sooner or later. Meanwhile, let's get our crap out early in the season and polish the diamond up for the last half. Yeah, the Browns were a tough team to beat today, and that's a little scary...but this shit is still fixable. I don't think Hillis runs for over a 100 on us next time we see them.

Steelers game next week will be epic...probably the biggest game of the season thus far, definitley the team playing best out of our first 4 opponents.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

3. Re: GAME THREAD - Week 3 - Ravens/Browns

I think it's pretty obvious to say at this point that most of us overlooked the Steelers, because the Bengals were the ones who won the division last year. It's easy to forget just how huge the Troy P injury was in making that Steeler D not as special. Now a whole offseason of people predicting that the division was between us and Cincy, and Pitt was only discussed when folks were talking about their Qb's legal woes.

It's possible that this is going to be the Steelers' "F-you" year similar to the 07 Patriots' response to the spying controversy. That depends on how strongly the team is behind Roeth., because they could just be saying to themselves, "Y'know, we're winning games without this piece of shit rapist," and that could lead to divisions in the team as well as it could team unity.

I'm worried because I saw their D beat the crap out of two teams (Atl, Tenn) that look to have great offenses vs. most of their opponents. Will the D play at that level for 16 games and into the playoffs? Hopefully not. Will our team improve in all phases in the coming weeks as players come back from injury? Almost certainly. It's a weird circumstance to be hobbled by injuries at the beginning of the season, but it'll be awesome to have Reed back only when he's 100%, and our problems will probably balance out with the injuries most teams get as the season goes along.

We could even lose next week and it wouldn't be the end of our hopes to win the division, but the game is a great opportunity for us. Steeler fans (if we win) will probably have it both ways and crow that we were up against Charlie Batch, but any win vs. that team in their house is impressive. And it matters how well we're playing in December/Jan, not how we look now, as long as we can stay in contention until we get there.

Re: GAME THREAD - Week 3 - Ravens/Browns

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I can't believe the Steelers are fucking 3-0 with rotating backup QB's.
    When the Steelers D is playing lights out the way that they are, it is really not that surprising. I just hope our D can duplicate their intensity next week.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton