Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sunday Tailgating

Hey guys,

I know I have my own special thread but just in case some of you don't know...I'm heading over to :usa: tomorrow for a few days of sporting action! :happyanim

I'll be staying in the Courtyard at the Waterfront on Sat & Sun night in Baltimore - I'll be out on the Sat night after I see the Terps game (I hope to make it to College Park)

Looking forward to seeing you all again!

Dying to see us destroy the Browns!

:ire:

Re: Sunday Tailgating

Are you coming to our tailgate lot? Are you bringing the blond colleen again? She was a good sport, putting up with all of us + the TV camera.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I shall be there :)

Unfortunately, Lisa won't be coming along - not enough holidays left from work and a little too expensive!

A very good friend of mine will be joining us though, he doesn't have blonde hair but he can drink like Dave!

Blog Entries

Irish stop by Closest parking lot on SW corner of Sharp and Ostend, 3rd row, halfway in. I will be the guy with all the Guinness in his cooler and a bottle of Jameson on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    Irish stop by Closest parking lot on SW corner of Sharp and Ostend, 3rd row, halfway in. I will be the guy with all the Guinness in his cooler and a bottle of Jameson on the table.
    I always tailgate there myself. Usually park right next to the urinals.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    I always tailgate there myself. Usually park right next to the urinals.
    I'm down there as well. We back up to the Ostend street bridge on the south side.

PP

Since I'm directionally challenged, are you all talking about parking in Closest Lot 1 under the 395 bridges or the small lot on the other corner of Ostend?

Wink Re: Sunday Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Yard View Post
    Since I'm directionally challenged, are you all talking about parking in Closest Lot 1 under the 395 bridges or the small lot on the other corner of Ostend?
    If I knew how to upload photos from my PC, I would show you on a map.

Purple Poe, Losac, etc are at "Lot 1", which is on the SW corner of the intersection of Sharp + Ostend, under the I-395 viaduct and bounded by Sharp, Ostend, and the B+O tracks.

"Lot 2" is on the NW corner of Sharp + Ostend, catty-corner from Lot 2, not under I-395.

Behind "Lot 2" is "Lot 2R", where I and others who post here hang out (includes Baltimore Greg, Camden Yard, Fanatic, Fells, Point Raven, wxKevin, RavAnnapolis, Pat McGroin). This is catty-corner from Lot 2, separated by a small building, at the corner of Peach and West.

None of these lots have signs designating their numbers -- it's all in Himmelrich's imagination.

If Niall does make it for a drink at each these spots, I trust that he can truly drink like a stereotypical Irishman; otherwise, he may be hammered by the time of kickoff.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Here's a Google Map picture of the lot myself and purplepoe are in. If you are at the south end of the Ostend St bridge facing north towards the stadium, this lot is on your left. It's just called "Closest Parking" I think - there is no lettering system.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...250.67,,0,9.65

Blog Entries

Yes that is the lot I am in. Being a good Irish Catholic, I usually get there around 8AM, set up have breakfast and walk to Mass in S Baltimore. Will be back at 10 to crack open a few Guinesses. We are halfway down row 3 not far fron the urinals.

Cool- that's the same lot we're in.. across from the telephone (I think) shack near the entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    Yes that is the lot I am in. Being a good Irish Catholic, I usually get there around 8AM, set up have breakfast and walk to Mass in S Baltimore. Will be back at 10 to crack open a few Guinesses. We are halfway down row 3 not far fron the urinals.
    M&T Bank Stadium is my church!