Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ed Reed interview with Yahoo sports

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

pretty solid read. I really like the fact Ed Reed is going to be a Raven for such a long time. Always loved how he played...looking like he's really to be back to defensive player of the year levels after the injury.

Re: Ed Reed interview with Yahoo sports

Just another notch in the FO's belt.What a great role model on and off the field.

Notice he and Ray were making preparations during the offseason to come back bigger, better and meaner than before, even as many stated that Ray wanted out of Baltimore...LOL

Have there ever been Co-Defensive MVPs of the Year? :)

even as many stated that Ray wanted out of Baltimore
    and now, as predicted, those same folks are riding his jock again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown
    isn't that the truth...gotta love it.

I am happy this time around, though...the other guys on the D are being talked about a lot as well. It's not all Ray, but he's clearly the leader and spirit of that part of the team.

Glad to see people recognize the D though...we'll look even better if the Bucs Offense looks good the rest of the year.

The guy is far and away my favorite Raven. I always think highly of athletes giving up their time as opposed to just money. You can write off charitable donations, but you can't write off your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown
    And that is why I supported Ray the whole time. Just because some media members are trying to stir the pot or because Ray was lobbying for a QB and DT (and he was right on both counts) doesn't mean he didn't want to be here. Or that he couldn't play anymore. Ray is Baltimore and he NEVER dissed the city or the fans.

While I'm glad Ray is showing a better attitude this season and is off to such a good start, I for one, will never again ride his jock. I won't forget that he quit on the team when the going got tough and he did diss the city by not showing up for the event in his honor. However, that said, it's over now and as I said I'm glad his attitude is better and he's playing well. I guess all it took was giving him what he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52
    Ray is Baltimore and he NEVER dissed the city or the fans.
    I'm not sure I'd go that far -- I seem to recall him dissing the fans at some event last year -- but I'm thrilled the old Ray is back. He seemed to be turning toward the dark side last year, but someone got through to him and brought him back. Maybe it was Billick, or Ozzie, or both, or Ray himself, but it looks like we have the old Ray back.

Everyone talks about McNair's impact on the team, and for good reason, but how about having a healthy Ed Reed and Ray Lewis on the field again? We didn't have much of that last year, and now we do.

Ed Reed is pure class

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52
    Notice he and Ray were making preparations during the offseason to come back bigger, better and meaner than before, even as many stated that Ray wanted out of Baltimore...LOL

Have there ever been Co-Defensive MVPs of the Year? :)
    The media has already earmarked the award for S Merriman so don't get your hopes up.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Aint that the truth,comparisons to LT,DPOY award after the first week,but what else do you expect from the hype machine that is ESPN errr the media.I think Ive heard the name Merriman 1500 times in the last 2 days.Hopefully Suggs will get 2 or 3 against that joke of a line that Oak has so they can talk about how great he is all next week.