Who picks these TV games?

Why are we being forced to watch 2 inter-conference games? More importantly, why the fuck are we being shown Houston vs Washington, while the rest of the country watches a more important matchup between New England and New York? I couldn't care less about either Hou-Was, or Sea-Den.

Who exactly decides the games that are being televised in Baltimore? Is it the NFL, or does the TV station have a say in it?

Blog Entries

Re: Who picks these TV games?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    Why are we being forced to watch 2 inter-conference games? More importantly, why the fuck are we being shown Houston vs Washington, while the rest of the country watches a more important matchup between New England and New York? I couldn't care less about either Hou-Was, or Sea-Den.

Who exactly decides the games that are being televised in Baltimore? Is it the NFL, or does the TV station have a say in it?
    Secondary market rules. Whether we like it or not Baltimore is defined by the NFL as being in the Redskins secondary market, and visa versa, and understandably so. The CBS affiliate has to show the game... I think. And CBS has the contract for the Redskins/Texans game AND the Jets/Patriots game, so there's no way for us to watch the game we care about.
    Last edited by Flipping Birdie; 09-19-2010 at 06:27 PM.

Actually, the Texans-Redskins game turned out to be the best game of the weekend - that is, if you like lots of offense, big comeback, last minute dramatics, and seeing 88,000+ sad faces at 7:30 pm!

Anyway, the Texans look like serious playoff contender, so I really don't see the complaint.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Actually, the Texans-Redskins game turned out to be the best game of the weekend - that is, if you like lots of offense, big comeback, last minute dramatics, and seeing 88,000+ sad faces at 7:30 pm!

Anyway, the Texans look like serious playoff contender, so I really don't see the complaint.
    That was a great game, made all the sweeter by the Deadskins losing.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller