Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens suck! Flacco sucks! Panic time!!!

Maybe Joe's sophmore jix was just delayed a year.

Call it the junior jinx.

Next year call it the senior jinx.

The following year he's in OAK with Boller.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Just off the top of my head, he missed seeing Mason wide the hell open down the right sideline and never threw it there.
    Sure touchdown!!
    People miss wide open receivers on the other side of the field all the time. That actually tends to happen a lot when coverage teams notice that the QB's primary reads are all on one side of the field...they abandon the other side of the field, leaving DBs on an island and often the DB comes off their man or cheats into the middle to support if the play goes that way. Happens all the time.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

I'm not panicing yet. I knew that it would be tought trying to beat the Bengals in their house. I have a good feeling that Flacco will bounce back against the Browns next week.
    Former Season ticket holder from 1996 to 2016

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDRowRaven View Post
    I'm not panicing yet. I knew that it would be tought trying to beat the Bengals in their house. I have a good feeling that Flacco will bounce back against the Browns next week.
    Of course he will...he feasts on sorry teams like the Browns.

We need him to perform against the good defenses...the Steelers, Bengals and Dolphins...and he may have to win a shootout with the Texans, Saints and Falcons. Hopefully he learns from this rough start and gets the job done...I'll just say I was a lot more confident before camp/regular season started.

Joe has all the raw talent that you'd want in a QB, as well as the size. He just needs to calm down, go through his reads and make accurate throws. REMEMBER, last year it was "Mason open? No? Check down to Rice." This year, he's looking around more and going through reads. He's holding the ball longer cuz he's just getting used to going through all of his receivers. He will improve. Calm down people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragz View Post
    Joe has all the raw talent that you'd want in a QB, as well as the size. He just needs to calm down, go through his reads and make accurate throws. REMEMBER, last year it was "Mason open? No? Check down to Rice." This year, he's looking around more and going through reads. He's holding the ball longer cuz he's just getting used to going through all of his receivers. He will improve. Calm down people.
    So you're actually saying that having more than 1 WR is hindering Flacco?

And Joe has been holding the ball too long for a while now...it is my biggest issue with him in addition to not seeing the middle of the field clearly. It's not a new issue that just cropped up this year.

I beleive he will indeed improve...how much?...the level of my optimism has taken a hit over the summer and so far in the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    So you're actually saying that having more than 1 WR is hindering Flacco?

And Joe has been holding the ball too long for a while now...it is my biggest issue with him in addition to not seeing the middle of the field clearly. It's not a new issue that just cropped up this year.

I beleive he will indeed improve...how much?...the level of my optimism has taken a hit over the summer and so far in the regular season.
    Having more than 1 viable option IS hindering Flacco. Making more than two reads is new to him, in a gametime scenario.

Having more than 1 viable option IS hindering Flacco. Making more than two reads is new to him, in a gametime scenario.
    Wow. Ok.

Blog Entries

Hate to by you and defend that comment, good luck the rest of the night my man,