Ray Lewis Defensive player of the week

Personally...I'd have gone with Bart Scott. But Ray is the name and gets a lot of credit for the defensive effort as a whole.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...e.jsp?id=12236

Re: Ray Lewis Defensive player of the week

Ray made key plays at key points in the game and his hit on Pittman during that goalline stand set the tone for the rest of the blowout...
    10 tackles (7 solo), 3 passes defensed, 1 sack and immeasurable intimidation/leadership (he was the first to congratulate his teammates when they made a good play)/and all around intensity...Ray wins it hands-down...

I think a clean-up crew in Tampa just found Pittman's chinstrap in the nosebleed seats of Ravens James Stadium...

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52
    Ray made key plays at key points in the game and his hit on Pittman during that goalline stand set the tone for the rest of the blowout...
    I agree -- he had a very good game anyway, but that hit on Pittman was an awesome exclamation point, especially coming right on goal line. Scott also had a very good game, but I think Ray getting it is appropriate.

It also tells the rest of the league that Ray, and the Ravens defense, is BACK!

And people wanted to get rid of Ray, our heart and soul, for a 3rd round pick. All I can say is thank god for Ozzie!

Pittman was hit so hard by Ray,Ray that he was found in LA. Ray had a great game and I'm glad he was picked. He really lead this week.

They probably gave it to Ray because he is viewed as the leader of our D. He certainly had a good game, but it was a team effort, and individually, I would have given it to McAlister, who essentially ended the game in the 2nd Q with his INT return and blanked Galloway, or Scott, but hey, Ray getting it is FINE WITH ME!!
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

or ngata who will never get enough credit for tying up blockers to allow our LB's to roam free and make tackles, sacks, and hurry the QB into making stupid throws to say I don't know Mcalister who could then end the game in the 2nd quarter with a Int for a Td.

Or he could run an interception back 60 yards....

I love the fact that ray is making people eat there words. I mean think about the slap in the face, being named the defensive player of the week, when people were proclaiming that he wasn't half the player he once was. By golly people wanted him gone for a 3rd round pick. Why anyone would give up on a spirit such as Ray Lewis defies logic. The man has come through time and time again. Now with his right hand man (McNair) giving his side of the ball there much needed rest, the defense and Ray are going to be unstoppable.

God Bless Ray Lewis and Steve McNair

I thought he lost a step
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

I never doubted Ray and never will...He's shown me too much desire, leadership and intensity for me to ever doubt his passion to take us to another championship.

Adding Steve McNair to the mix is simply pouring gasoline on a bonfire!