Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Prince Miller re-signed

My apologies for the duplication. I "fumbled" the SUBMIT and EDIT buttons.

2. Re: Prince Miller re-signed

Quote Originally Posted by Purple4ever View Post

Now for my question...the abrupt dumping of Bryan McCann and the resigning of Prince Miller...The Raven decision makers must have seen enough of McCann in Dallas's pre season to sign him to the "53", so why dump him so fast? and to bring back Prince Miller, whom they got a good look at during our own camp and pre season? This will make two consecutive weeks that Prince Miller has been on a team preparing for the Bengals. Could the answer be this...seeing how the Patriots handled the Bengals so easily in week 1, do you think maybe the Ravens saw Prince on the Patriot practice squad and thought that maybe he could shed light on just how Belicheck rehearsed his team the week before they played the Bengals? What looks did they cover in practice? What coverages? What keys?

Anyone's thoughts on this?

Thanks.
    Welcome to the board. I would say there is more football talk than petty fightson this board, but you'll find some of that anywhere. Tony, FilmStudy, and the others do some of the best Ravens work around for 24x7.

As for your question, I don't see it. We've played them enough and have enough film to know what they want to do and how they do it, so I don't see the need to pull a trick like that. It's just a matter of executing at this point.

I think it has much more to do with the punt and kick return situation than anything. After losing Webb last year, Harbs has to be cautious about using starters to do any of that. Our top 3 options are: starting CB (Carr), starting FS (Zbi), and nickel CB (Wilson). I don't know if he would want to risk injuries to any of those guys when he could bring on a potentially explosive guy like Miller instead of carrying yet another DT who won't get much playing time at all.

Good thought, but I think moves like those (and the assumed advantages afterward) are overstated by fans.

Blog Entries

Re: Prince Miller re-signed

I do think something changed between cutdown and Week 2...but most likely, it was Harbaugh deciding he wanted someone who contributed to the return game rather than a CB who can cover kickoffs (McCann). When we picked up McCann, I always thought he was only going to be here a week or two and be cut to make room for Cary Williams. Turns out he only lasted one week instead
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!