Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Indy Star Board Rips ColtsHeritage.com

Perhaps it was naive of me to think that I could appeal to the Indy Star Colts' Board and their collective sense of reasonability. Maybe those who I really want to appeal to don't participate on that board.

I bring this to your attention not to ask for you to jump over there and flame out the thread. In fact, I'd rather it stay the way it is. Maybe they can't understand our mission. Maybe it's not their fault.

The reason I bring the link below to your attention is for you to take a look and allow it to motivate you to gather together and create a solidarity in numbers that can't be ignored. And perhaps one day because of your effort in spreading the word and forwarding coltsheritage.com to all those in your address book, you can walk through the Hall of Fame sporting a chest swelled with pride because you really did make a difference.

We really, really can!

What we do today, echoes in eternity!

Indy Star Thread
    Last edited by TL24x7; 03-14-2007 at 07:16 AM.

Re: Indy Star Board Rips ColtsHeritage.com

Tony, as I said in the other thread, I don't blame the Indy fans for the way they feel, there were a lot of Ravens trolls on their boards. I'm sure they are sick of the whole thing and not interested in hearing reason at this point.

I know your intentions were good, but I think, and agree, that it's just best for everyone to just leave them alone.

That said, it appears that the HOF has been paying some attention after all:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...orts-headlines
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 03-13-2007 at 10:02 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I agree that it should be left alone....but let their short-sightedness fuel our mission

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    ...but let their short-sightedness fuel our mission
    LOL - agreed. :D
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

The Indy fans loathe us and everything Baltimore, so I'm not really suprised. In the last 3 months they have surpassed Steeler fans as "Most Obnoxious Fans in The NFL".
    Last edited by Drkraven; 03-13-2007 at 11:00 PM.

I don't get the Colts fans. Is there anyone on here that wanted the name Browns? Why they would want to be associated with players who want no part of them befuddles me:insane:
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

7. Re: Indy Star Board Rips ColtsHeritage.com

What i dont get are the [Indy Colts fans that want the Baltimore history part of the team as their own. Why? there are several posts on the that thread with them stating "we own the colts , the history, and the records." The city doesnt own them the owner does. But why wouldnt you want your own records and not stolen history?

Thats like all Baltimoreans claiming all the NY Yankees history! (the yankees were the Baltimore orioles before moving to ny in 1901)

The NFL HOF comment about needing 85 rooms to accomodate all NFL moves is BS. Its quite simple....a Colts room, but distinguished in it is the time line of players baltimore to indy..seperated. same franchise, same room, but players and superbowls listed as baltimore colts, not indy colts.

Or how about make it the Baltimore Colts room since there are no INDY colts in the HOF! then when they get one...they can add a plaque for him!
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Great work TL, keep up the good fight!

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Perhaps it was naive of me to think that I could appeal to the Indy Star Colts' Board and their collective sense of reasonability. Maybe those who I really want to appeal to don't participate on that board.

I bring this to your attention not to ask for you to jump over there and flame out the thread. In fact, I'd rather it stay the way it is. Maybe they can't understand our mission. Maybe it's not their fault.

The reason I bring the link below to your attention is for you to take a look and allow it to motivate you to gather together and create a solidarity in numbers that can't be ignored. And perhaps one day because of your effort in spreading the word and forwarding coltsheritage.com to all those in your address book, you can walk through the Hall of Fame sporting a chest swelled with pride because you really did make a difference.

We really, really can!

What we do today, echoes in eternity!

Indy Star Thread
    This is GREAT just what we want. Leave it alone. We need the HOF to get our message. Indy fans don't understand they got the team just leave our heritage alone. It's ours not Indy's. Just ask ART DONOVAN he has never been shy to tell you that.

Last edited by TL24x7; 03-14-2007 at 07:17 AM.

What a total bunch of misled, dilusional wussies! Maybe it's enough that we actually HAVE a history, and enough general football knowledge to comprehend what WE are trying to accomplish! It's obvious they don't realize just how great the Colt's history is, or they wouldn't equate it with the likes of the rams, or cardinals, or the texans... all of whom fall short, by a mile, of the legacy that was created here!:insane:

We can't expect Indianapolis to support our cause, because they never had a team until 1984. They could never appreciate something that was taken away from them in the middle of the night, like a thief.

I glanced at their board and saw what I expected to see--ignorant, stupid, people (not all, but most) who desperately want ALL of the history of the Colts from the inception of the team up to the present.

There is strengh in numbers; if we do our job, everything else will take care of itself. Sign the petition.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

From the Sun article:
    "If we had separated each franchise by every city it has ever represented, we'd have had about 85 franchises."
    Bullshit, you don't need to separate by each franchise and then city, just by each city.

Thus, the Chicago exhibit could hold the Bears and the appropriate Cardinal years. The Cleveland exhibit could hold the Browns stuff along with the appropriate Rams info. And of course the Baltimore exhibit could hold the Colts up to 1983 along with the Ravens stuff. You would be down to about 40 cities if you go so far as to include Canton and the like who had teams in the very early NFL.

P.S. To that end I think the effort needs to be a call to have each CITY represented and not a call to have the Baltimore Colts in their own space. I think a Baltimore area with appropriate Colts and Ravens memorabilia is called for and would make the HOF's work a lot simpler.