Joe cool....carr tight

Joe is a Cool customer out there. He does not panic, and he is doing a better job in his progressions than last hear. As noted in other thread(s), Q is huge out there, and TJ (along with Mace) are going to give defenses fits this year. I also thought Carr played really tight coverage out there - kudos to him; and Todd Heap extended his all out there with a key reception in the second half. And Cam's play calling when we were down on the endzone should've included four 'ram-it-down-their-throats-with-Mr.Ngata leading the way' running plays, rather than that second down toss - don't get cute, just play smash mouth football!
    Last edited by ravenjoe; 09-14-2010 at 12:16 AM.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Re: Joe cool....carr tight

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Joe is a Cool customer out there. He does not panic, and he is doing a better job in his progressions than last hear.
    Thank you! I totally agree - watching this game, Joe could have gotten rattled, and he looked cool and calm as ever. Remember the play where he hit TJ down the left sideline? He saw the pressure coming, knew he was gonna get hit, and stood tall to deliver the pass at the right time. That's poise.

They turned the ball over, otherwise this game gets a lot more lopsided on the scoreboard. If they were playing a better team, I think they are more aggressive on the last drive and play for the TD. Against this team, they knew that the Jets could NOT drive down the field on our D, so they went conservative, and we win by 1 instead of 4 or 8. Ok, enough from me! Must sleep!

I agree with you guys 110%. Joe has that bend do not break mentalilty. Kudos to our secondary for only giving up 60-yards through the air. I am pretty shocked that we did tear their secondary apart. I know they were crying about the officiating, but we warned them about Walt Coleman and his crew. ( Green Bay game last year). However there are some things that need to be corrected, but they are minor.
    Lovin me some section 543

Blog Entries

I was happy about many things out there last night, but before we declare our secondary to be secure I think we have to acknowledge that Sanchez only attempted 3 passes to wide receivers. Our secondary has not been tested yet. That'll come next week against Carson Palmer.

True; but our coverage was tight last night, and that definitely bodes well going into next week!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Joe struggled last night. It seems as though prime time games bring out his bad habits in spades...

It's good to look through Ravens colored lenses and say that he was "cool", but the almost universal sentiment amongst the Ravens, Chargers and Jets fans I watched the game with last night was that both QBs (Flacco, Sanchez) were nervous and didn't give good performances.

Thank God for the Defense of the Decade saving our asses yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Joe struggled last night. It seems as though prime time games bring out his bad habits in spades...

It's good to look through Ravens colored lenses and say that he was "cool", but the almost universal sentiment amongst the Ravens, Chargers and Jets fans I watched the game with last night was that both QBs (Flacco, Sanchez) were nervous and didn't give good performances.

Thank God for the Defense of the Decade saving our asses yet again.
    Flacco did not strike me as being nervous at all. He was rushed into making bad decisions because he was lined up against a very good defense. Flacco moved the ball when it counted. The Ravens did not light up the scoreboard by any stretch of the imagination, but Flacco showed patience in waiting for the play to develop (sometimes too much patience).
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!