Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 454647

Re: GAME THREAD - Week 1 - Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    I thought you were talking about Webb.
    No, I wasn't. But shit, I didn't even factor Webb into that.

So make that without two of our CB's. And Webb will be back in a couple games at the most, so we know that position will improve. Although Chris Carr did his job damn well tonight.

2. Re: GAME THREAD - Week 1 - Jets

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    If all this makes you feel better, that's cool. Blame the Colts for your last year meltdown if you want. That was some hell you all unleashed last year.

You go ahead and believe what you want. Ravens played and beat a better team tonight than the Steelers did yesterday.

Oh and BTW, we did it without our starting LT, SS, and CB. Only one of which realistically may come back at all this year.

And we know our offense will improve too. Your QB will be trying to come back after 5 weeks of not being on the field. Good luck man.
    I absolutely agree we melted down last year. But we had to have a meltdown to bring us down to your 9-7 record level.

Yes your defense will get an upgrade in personel much like our offense (and yes that should make both of us nervious).

And when Big Ben does come back he gets a bye week and then the Browns, so basically thats 3 weeks of practice and a practice game! Ben will be fine.

And for the record I wanted you guys to win tonight (see my earlier post) because I, like you, feel the Jets are way over-rated and over-hyped.

So here we are week one and the true rivals of the AFC North stand at 1 win apiece, I raise my beer in a toast: Here's to one hell of year!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Its still a little different when Wilson is trying to cover Houshmanzadeh or Anquan Boldin 1 on 1 vs Carr on Cotchery. Fabian did a great job on Braylon though.
    Still, nobody scored on him. He was supposed to be
    weak link.

Quote Originally Posted by Napa_SteelerFan View Post
    And when Big Ben does come back he gets a bye week and then the Browns, so basically thats 3 weeks of practice and a practice game! Ben will be fine.
    Now, my memory is a little foggy, but how did one of those practice games go last season?
    ERIG20, your local draftnik

Signature currently under construction

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Still, nobody scored on him. He was supposed to be
    weak link.
    But you're directly comparing the 2, so you have to compare the assignments. Kyle Wilson would look great on this football team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Napa_SteelerFan View Post
    I absolutely agree we melted down last year. But we had to have a meltdown to bring us down to your 9-7 record level.

Yes your defense will get an upgrade in personel much like our offense (and yes that should make both of us nervious).

And for the record I wanted you guys to win tonight (see my earlier post) because I, like you, feel the Jets are way over-rated and over-hyped.

So here we are week one and the true rivals of the AFC North stand at 1 win apiece, I raise my beer in a toast: Here's to one hell of year!
    Listen up TROLL... your talking shit about the Brownies being a practice game, hold the f***in phone, didn't the Brownies beat your Stealers latst year, thats right they did, go a head and sleep on that one.

Blog Entries

Flacco looked good minus 2 plays, Flacco probably also saved the game after throwing his pick by chasing down a CB and running his scared ass out of bounds.

Joe got Wheels, did you see Flac put on the burners.

Blog Entries

Ben Grubbs was a beast, I bet Kris Jenkins wont be talking shit anymore because Grubbs was moving him.
    How did Grimm (HOF Induction) say it, the best thing about being an OL is moving a man from point A to point B against his will.

We need to get healthy up front though, the patch job worked alright for tonight, but Chester was getting handled and Yanda needs to be at Guard, our run game suffered from this tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoNo View Post
    Ben Grubbs was a beast, I bet Kris Jenkins wont be talking shit anymore because Grubbs was moving him.
    How did Grimm (HOF Induction) say it, the best thing about being an OL is moving a man from point A to point B against his will.

We need to get healthy up front though, the patch job worked alright for tonight, but Chester was getting handled and Yanda needs to be at Guard, our run game suffered from this tonight.
    I hate to see an injury like that, most of the time, but the way he was getting moved by Grubbs while Oher was pankaking Bart was why he got hurt. If he had been able to hold his ground, Bart would not have fallen on his knee. If he had not been talking shit, I would feel worse about what happend to him as well.

:T2: